MG P-rocket 700 lumens

ktheo

Newly Enlightened
I ordered a p-rocket, 700 lumens version, and I was wondering if any one knows the actual OTF Lumens or tested it.

Also, how well wiill this light work running on primary CR123's, battery station brand. It states that is runs on them, just not on high mode for long.

whats the deal here!

tolkaze

Enlightened
There are plenty of threads and posts on why it can't run on 2x CR123 for very long... quite simply, it gets really really hot... Hotter than 1x 18650. Could kill the LED, or kill the cells

Trident1

Newly Enlightened
It does fine on 2X CR123's, but 18650 is better (brighter and longer). Using this light a lot on the bikes. I don't have anything else that lights up so well on a smooth beam - it is definitely not a thrower, but really the big 'wall of light' that you read about - everything gets lit around you. The lumens thing seems a bit high based on what the eye sees - but it really does fan out a smooth clear beam. For that price...can't go wrong.:D

Soulrack

Newly Enlightened
I got mine yesterday in the mail. The 700 lumens has to be at the emitter because to my naked eye it's not that out the front. It got quite hot in just under 5 minutes. "A wall of light" is a very good description but not what I was looking for. I've already traded it.

fangle

Newly Enlightened
I got mine yesterday in the mail. The 700 lumens has to be at the emitter because to my naked eye it's not that out the front. It got quite hot in just under 5 minutes.

I'm considering one for use in an industrial setting. I need to see inside dark equipment, light up dark recesses on the ceiling, etc. My primary use will be at the 10' to 40' range. What's the beam look like at 35 to 40' out, is it useful or has it spread out too much by then?

What batteries were you using when it got warm quickly?

Thanks!