Nitecore D10 / D11 as a keychain Light

jama12uk

Newly Enlightened
As described in a previous post im looking for a keychain light. Love the look of the new nitecore D11 but am worried it will be too big for a keychain and will it be rugged enough to withstand constand dropping. (I dont mind having bulky keys) Am looking for an aa/aaa light. Like the look of the new ezaa that will be released shortly and have ramping. Any ideas for a small cheap quality keychain torch with good brightness and is robust incase I order a D11 and do not want to get it scratched on my keys :mecry:

Thanks

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
It will be too big for your keychain, they're a pocket light for sure. There are a huge number of threads on this forum about keychain flashlights, and all of them are chock-full of good information. Search around for a bit and report back!

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it would be too big also... I used to EDC the fenix p1d (123Ax1). The length was okay but it was just too thick. I've also tried the EZAA and the diameter was also too big for my taste. I have a LD01 now and it's a perfect size, really wouldn't go larger than a AAA cell light, but it depends on your own preference.

Ian2381

Enlightened
I have a D10 and its too big for a keychain light.

Get an ITP A3 stainless steel. It's so good it never left my keys.:twothumbs

antikythera

Newly Enlightened
Yup. Unless you have gigantic keys to go along with it, the D10 is much too large. Plus the finish chips easily, and that doesn't tend to look so good when the light is constantly being abraded by keys.

Sorry, no recommendations here. I don't have any keychain lights, and honestly don't plan to. As stated previously, check out the "roundup" thread that was made a while back.

However, as far as types of lights go, try for a light finished in satin SS. That sort of finish tends to handle wear better than your average cheap HAIII.

Last edited: