Lithium AA or Titanium AA - What's the difference?!

Size15's

Flashaholic
Lithium AA or Titanium AA - What\'s the difference?!

Please can some light be shead on the differences and/or advantages of Titanium verses Lithium AAs.

Obviously this is mainly related to flashlights (!)

Both these makes of Energizer are branded "e2" now?

It would be great to get some UK retailers and pricing, as these batteries are very difficult to get hold of in the UK.

Also, where can I buy AAAA batteries.

I'm not even going to start on how much more expensive these'll be compared to the USA.

Thanks!
smile.gif

Al

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Lithium AA or Titanium AA - What\'s the difference?!

I`m of no help answering your question about titanium/lithium, sorry...

...but...

Also, where can I buy AAAA batteries.

Maplin Electronics (maplin.co.uk/ 01702 554000/find a maplins shop near you) is about all I`ve found, not Duracells- only Varta, but they are alkaline. Beware the small order charge of £3 for orders under £30.
They`re impossible to find in "real shops" cos there`s just no call for them. Streamlight Stylusses are the only thing ever I`ve seen/had/got that uses them and they came from the States!
If you`re desperate then you can rip open (carefully!) an alkaline 9-v cell but watch out cos the button end of the red cells inside Duracell ones is - not +.

tongue.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Hi!

I had a look at the data sheets of the new Titanium AAs and they are obviously not much better than the regular Energizer AAs. I think they improved inner resistance a little bit, but at the moment I am still a fan of the Duracell ULTRA.

Thats something different with the Energizer Lithium. This is really the best AA battery money can buy. They have not very much more capacity than alkaline AAs, but the inner resistance is much better. You can run up to 1.4 Amps without the voltage dropping to much out of this little bomb.
The disadvantage of this battery is its high cost and it has slightly more than the stated 1.5V (1.6-1.8). This can be dangerous for some indescendant flashlights (a Minimag with indescendent bulbs always failed after a few hours with these Lithiums).

I hope, I could help you a little bit...

Bye,

Phantomas2002

Spidey82

Enlightened

Wat it i put it in to Uke 4AA??
will i toast the bulb??

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Into what?????

mikep

Enlightened

I have lithium batts in my UK4AA - no problems. (the lower weight is nice, too)

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Sorry, it's WWW.RS-COMPONENTS.COM

B.t.w. I think much of this sXXt they tell you about new battery formulas is Hype-SXXX. If you have a look at www.energizer.com you find a lot of totally stupid, scientifically nonsensed, advertizing blabla. "Titanium" sounds really good and powerful, so I think they want to believe the people they are buing a super-high-tech-product.

Imagine: If somebody would find out that dogsXXt would be a perfect ingredient for batteries..., would they call it "Energizer e2 - DogsXXt Plus" - The NEW Cell for your High-Tech-Devices with the EXTRA amount of DOGSXXT ????
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Now, to stay serious, the data sheet from energizer was either not modified, but just copied from the original Alkaline, or these titanium cells make NOT THE SLIGHTEST DIFFERENCE...

If you want good batteries, take DURACELL ULTRA or ENERGIZER e2 LITHIUM...

phantomas2002

[This post has been edited by Size15s to censor phrases inappropriate for these forums. Please refrain from further use. I suggest Graemlins (
mad.gif
) as an alternative. Thanks! Al (09/04/01 23:55 BST)]

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast

Phantomas I would strongly suggest you edit that post above to remove/censor the 4-letter "s-word", remember there could be children watching.

blush.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Sorry, but I was angry about the Energizer Website, which provides a lot of colourful totally useless information and after searching for 5 minutes you find totally insufficient data sheets. In the future, I will not use the XXXX word again, even if I think something is XXXX....

Sorry,

Phantomas2002

Size15's

Flashaholic

Thanks for your continued Comments.

Please Note:

If you see inappropriate language in posts in this forum (the "Flashlight" one), please send me and other moderators / administrators an email, and we'll adjust the language to a level suitable for all.

I used my executive powers to censor the remaining word in the post above.

The Graemlins have been made easier to add to our posts, and they allow us to express our feelings etc.

Thank you for your understanding!

Al

Size15's

Flashaholic

I am right in thinking that two L91s are better than 1 EL123A?!

Wow!

Does that work out more expensive using two L91s for every 1 EL123A?

Dare I say it?! 123A batteries = more cost effective to AAs?! [okay Lithium AA is not typical AA]

Anyway, Can I rig four AAs to run a SureFire P60? Will I get longer runtime (longer period of quality light output)??

Al
grin.gif

Brock

Flashaholic

I wish we could replace a 123 with 2 lithium AA's (L91). The lithium AA's are longer so you can get them to fit in the same place. But if you took the UKE 2L and the UKE 4AA, and ran lithiums in both the 4 lithium AA's would last longer.
4 lithium AA 2900ma @6v
2 lithium 123 1300ma @6v

Brock

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast

I believe Phantomas is right, it` all hype. Just an advertising gimick. If you want more power and cost is not important, lithium is the way to go, just ask my doctor
smile.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

wink.gif
A little medical joke...
wink.gif

I think Lithium should do good at people who switch between buying lots of flashlights at one time, and then get depressive because none of them is bright enough at the other...

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic

I have e2 Lithium AAs in one of my StealthLites. ~40g lighter, but no increase in brightness. I'll see if it manages to hold the output for longer that the standard Energizers (or they could be Ultras) in my other StealthLite.

Thanks for the info!

So are Titanium basically Hype, or what?

I don't have anything to run AAAAs in yet, but it's always good to know how I'm gonna get hold of Batteries. I'm thinking of a Laser Pointer (do they use AAAAs?) I want a green pointer... Need the readies first though.

Al

D

**DONOTDELETE**

A good source for electronic components with an EXCELLENT delivery service is WWW.RSCOMPONENTS.COM ! I think they might have the AAAAs.... ?!?

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast

Good point Phantomas, when we have depleted their use for powering lights we can suck on them and be happy to order another...far cheaper than alkiline, given their dual use... but on the other hand, I believe it`s the case that is made of titanium which is very stong stuff... now, if you were to get in a fight...and say...throwing batteries was your main weapon...ok, but really, I just got a titanium credit card, better than a platinum, which is better than gold which is far better than silver...I know what your thinking, but my bank has assured me...they only seem like plastic. Some day I hope to get a lithium card...allows you to cope with the payment easier...