The Fenix-Store        

Thread: Condensation inside lens

Unenlightened

Default Condensation inside lens

WARNING:::WARNING:::NEWBIE QUESTION DEAD AHEAD:::WARNING

I picked up a PT Attitude this past weekend and am very happy with it overall. It's my first LED light, discounting photons and pulsars, and I have been very pleasantly suprised with the amount and quality of light produced from such a small package. Since waterproofness is very important to me, I've run it through a variety of tests to test the integrity of the light (It's supposed to be waterproof to 500 ft so I didn't forsee any problems, just checking to see if it was a dud) Didn't have any problems leaving at the bottom of a swimming pool (12ft) for an hour or leaving it in the sink overnight, but when I took it in the shower with me yesterday I found some condensation on the inside of the lens. It has since occured to me that it could be the result of the hot water steaming up the humid air sealed inside (I hope)

Does this sound reasonable or do I need to take it back and get a new one?

Thanks in advance

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Condensation inside lens

[ QUOTE ]
    Hutch said:
    WARNING:::WARNING:::NEWBIE QUESTION DEAD AHEAD:::WARNING

It has since occured to me that it could be the result of the hot water steaming up the humid air sealed inside (I hope)

Does this sound reasonable or do I need to take it back and get a new one?

Thanks in advance

[/ QUOTE ]

No, this does not sound reasonable. Heating the flashlight will make it *less likely* that any moisture already inside would condense on the lens.