• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

MM+ & Q3L vs Arc LSL-P

cmendoza

Enlightened
Hey guys, I could use your experience here.

I got my MM+ & Q3L yesterday and promptly installed it and compared it to my Arc LSL-P. The first thing my wife said was "Your old one is brighter?!" (I had procured the funds based on the argument that I needed a brighter whiter lighter for wound inspections at work). At first glance the more blue Arc does appear brighter but with reflection maneuvers I can prove to myself that the MM is brighter.

My question is shouldn't the MM be noticibly brighter from the start (800mA vs 333mA)? I tried adjusting the trim pot for over an hour and still couldn't get it brighter than it started.

I really enjoyed the BB400 Q3L that I had (now "misplaced") and know that Wayne does incredible work! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gifI'm just wondering if something less than par slipped through.

Thanks for your input,
Chris

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
The Arc has a high dome led and will show a fairly bright center spot. The MM+ Q3L has a low dome led and distributes the light more evenly over all. I can quarantee you that the MM+ Q3L puts out more total light.

Bill

cmendoza

Enlightened
My Arc is a low-dome. I guess I was expecting a bigger difference in brightness. The MM+ is MUCH whiter!

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think one of the new Fraen optics will help, if/when they become available. They're supposed to produce a tighter hotspot than the stanard NX05 optics that came with your MM sandwich.

Jon

AilSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
I doubt the MM+ can deliver 800mA to an L bin, but still, it should deliver much more than 333. Have you checked the contact points, and the kroll if you have it? Is the optic placed in the same place relative to the LED? And the battery? Arc supposedly uses only good ls's, but I thought P and Q were the most often used in their lights. I suppose they are in a good position to come over really fine species, since they sort through lots of them.

cmendoza

Enlightened
I've tried a different Kroll and different sets of batteries. The MM+ seems about as bright as the BB400 Q3K that I lost.