Buying lights dealing with customs aussie dollars to us paypal

kiwiman3139

Newly Enlightened
Customs not usually a problem--they will let you know if there is an issue.
Paypal is usually US $ by default but you can change currency in drop down box if needed.
CPF sellers generally operate in $US
Stewart

Bloke

Newly Enlightened
I'm interested in this as well. I've been reading reviews on the 4sevens quark mini ti and I can't find anyone in OZ that sells it so I gotta import one.

Concerns me a bit about it coming through customs and then the possibility of it gettin' "lost" by the local transport company

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi & :welcome:

This is Custom BST however and your post doesn't belong here. Perhaps a moderator can move it to another section...

kiwiman3139

Newly Enlightened
I'm interested in this as well. I've been reading reviews on the 4sevens quark mini ti and I can't find anyone in OZ that sells it so I gotta import one.

Concerns me a bit about it coming through customs and then the possibility of it gettin' "lost" by the local transport company

Bloke,
I've had several dealings with 4sevens--always arrived safely in about a week/10days.
Stewart

Th232

Flashlight Enthusiast

An online store in Aus called Urban Conquest have recently gotten access to 4Sevens stuff here. Not shown on their site yet, but if you'd prefer to go that way, send them an email through their contact page. A tad more expensive than buying direct from 4Sevens, but you won't have to worry about international post and all that.

In the interest of full disclosure, I don't work for them, but I know the owner from another forum I frequent.

bedazzLED

Enlightened
I have purchased more lights than I care to admit to, and most of them have been from the US dealers such as lightjunction, 4sevens, bugoutgearusa, flashlighconnection, batteryjunction, elektrolumens, shiningbeam, lighthound, ....

Never had any problems with Customs. Every now and then I get a slip from Customs in the package indicating that it was opened for inspection and nothing was removed.

Most of the time they arrive within a week to 10 days, and I have never had a parcel go missing, EXCEPT, unfortunately my last purchase from Batteryjunction. Ordered some AA Lithium batteries and I think they may have gone walkabout. First time in 3 years. Contacted Batteryjunction and they basically said "We posted it, transaction completed, thank you for shopping with us, bye". $100 down the drain, but I suppose it was bound to happen eventually and I have to put it down to experience.

hurryupandwait

Newly Enlightened
Cheers guys for all yr help on these matters makes it a bit clearer.Hope yr bank balances are healthy, and yr supa quick on yr pm sent if u want a certain item,sales don't sit for long. Gone soon as its posted.Thanks again fellow liteaholics.Stu

Bloke

Newly Enlightened
An online store in Aus called Urban Conquest have recently gotten access to 4Sevens stuff here. Not shown on their site yet, but if you'd prefer to go that way, send them an email through their contact page. A tad more expensive than buying direct from 4Sevens, but you won't have to worry about international post and all that.

In the interest of full disclosure, I don't work for them, but I know the owner from another forum I frequent.
Thanks for that link. I've bookmarked it and will contact them when my credit card/wallet recovers from my current purchases :D

Bloke,
I've had several dealings with 4sevens--always arrived safely in about a week/10days.
Stewart

I'm relatively new to internet purchasing and as such have a few reservations that I'm sure I'll get over once I've done it successfully a few times :)