Lost Maratac SS AAA head lost and recovered!!!

spydie fanatic

Newly Enlightened
Hi all. Just thought I'd share my experience with you. I've always had AAA flashlight on my keyring. Currently it was a SS AAA Maratac; well about 4.5-5 weeks ago the AAA battery for my UNGO car alarm pager died, so I took the AAA out of my SS AAA Maratac light. Well when I arrrived at my friend's house, I noticed I didn't have the head to my flashlight. I thought I had put it in my pocket, but it was not there. I looked everywhere and could not find it...I gave up searching and ordered another SS AAA Maratac from Cc.

Well I'll be damned if my father didn't find it in the front yard yesterday, covered in dirt and grime; it had rained off and on heavily the last few weeks so I figured it was a goner. I wanted to pop in a battery and see if it worked, but my knowledge of electronics kicked in; if anything gets wet, like a pc or cell phone, etc it is best to power it down and dry it out before attempting to turn it on. If the item in question is soaked, powering it on will be what kills it. Well I let it dry out 24 hours and put a battery in it just know as I woke up...well lo and behold the little bugger works!! :twothumbs

I'm glad I kept the SS body...I will be giving it to my father as he doesn't carry a keyring light.

Just something to make you feel all warm and fuzzy!! ;)

Last edited:

maskman

Newly Enlightened
Good deal Spydie. It's always good to hear a story that ends in a positive way. Great job on your part for giving your father such a nice finders reward. You didn't say if that particular Maratac had a history of the head loosening, but if so, doubling up on the o-rings will help prevent a reoccurrence. Thanks for sharing the story.

Mockingbird

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for sharing your story. Lack of battery means lack of pressure on the head, which means more chance of head unscrewing by itself.