Reflex Tester (gives exact timings)

hula

Newly Enlightened
Can't beat 0.22 seconds. It says ' better than most but not as good as you could be' - yeah right. Now maybe if I was an android?

Hula.

Tomas

Banned
Hmmmm ... keep in mind that it keeps counting until the [STOP] button is RELEASED, and often can't see a really quick flick of the button ... very possibly due to the noise filtering on my wireless mouse.

(I wonder what kind of "reaction time" a simple program set to watch for the color change and respond "instantly" would get?)[/STOP]

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Your response time is: 0.125 seconds
Excellent, now for the .10 barrier"

The darker colors seem to be easier to detect-- "Alice Blue" was one of the ones hardest for me to "spot" quickly.

John Frederick

Enlightened
I was trying this the other night /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif .28 was the best I could do drunk /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tater Rocket

Enlightened
I got .03 seconds. Granted, I didn't wait for the thing to turn blue, I was just seeing what happened if you clicked before it turns (it just says 0 seconds, great job). I accidentally clicked right as it was turning and I got .03 seconds /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Spud

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, it says you cheated if you click prematurely. I advise to use the TAB button and the space bar to trigger it - you get better results... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dan

Darell

Flashaholic
I must need a faster internet connection. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Man, I can't believe they allow me to drive! Ah, wait! Tomas's find made all the difference. I wasn't releasing the frigging button - just pressing it!

brightnorm

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Stefan said:
0.06 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Was that a fluke or repeatable?

Brightnorm

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Finally got it down to .234 three times in a row, then went into a zen-like state with eyes defocused, staring blankly at the screen at which time I had an ESP-like twitch, simply knowing when to press -- got a .203 and hung it up. Pretty neat stuff.

*Edited:

Oh, the heck with the honor system:

fb56bdaf.jpg

Let's SEE'um, guys!

brightnorm

Flashaholic
I'll bet this could be a benefit to your overall response time and situational awareness if you worked at it a few minutes a day for a while.

I started to train my peripheral perception by turning slightly away from the screen and gradually increasing the angle over time. The next phase would be gradually selecting a "dimmer" color over several days until you become aware of subtle stimuli over a very wide field of vision. This could have real benefits for drivers, LEOs and others whose situational awarenesss must be consistantly sharp.

Brightnorm

jtice

Flashaholic
You guys are slow!!!
My best was 0.05
I was doing consistant 0.06 to 0.07 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tombeis

Enlightened
jtice:

Why you young punk, who are you calling slow? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
0.29. Ugh! Can't keep up with the young squirts. I'm all power and endurance, but no speed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Paul

Bernhard

Newly Enlightened
After too many trial, I've managed to get lucky 0 second!!!
Constant and repeated time is paltry 0.3 second :p
I was using wireless mouse (Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse).

JOshooter

Enlightened
I waited longer than normal for kicks... .951 Have you been drinking?

I can't seem to break .203 though.

.156! That just made my day /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Just achieved .14.