What board?

Rockit

Newly Enlightened
I'm using parts from this:
http://www.kaidomain.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=10719
and built a canister style dive light. Through stupid move on my part I fried the board. What board do I need to order to replace it? Can I just direct wire for the time being ?

I'm using 11.1v LiPo cells and can't find the proper replacement module to use. I would like to also have a back up module.

ti-force

Flashlight Enthusiast
This thread might do better in the homemade and modified section, but I'll give it a shot. I'm assuming you're using all five XR-E Q5 emitters wired in series, correct? If so, and if you continue using the battery you've stated you're using; purchase this driver, and you won't have to worry about it anymore :D. According to the datasheet (provided by Cree) an XR-E emitter has a typical vf of 3.5v at 700mA drive current. 3.5v x 5 emitters = 17.5v when wired in series. The Hyperboost driver will run in full regulation, as long as voltage in remains less than voltage out, which means you should be good to go using your battery with this driver. The Hyperboost driver is 1.4" diameter, but since you have a dive light, I'm assuming you have enough room for it. Good luck :thumbsup:.

Last edited: