Nitecore have blown me away

stoli67

Enlightened
Yesterday my new Nitecore EZAA arrived and I was keen to try it against my Fenix LD10 and LD20s.

Well I was totally blown away by the Nitecore..... It is so tiny and yet throws the beam so increadibly far.....

The only things that I can say about it that may be negative are
1. It does get quite warm - perhaps this is good on a cold night though.
2. the head being half unscrewed to turn it if is a little disconcerting as I fear it may fall off completely

As for the beam though - wow

I gifted my LD10 this morning to my nephew!

MojaveMoon07

Enlightened
When you say "new EZAA", are you referring to the two stage EZ AA or to the new infinite brightness EZ AA (link) ?

stoli67

Enlightened
I see that the old model was rated at 130 lumens and the new one 160 lumens..... the old one seemed brighter than my PD10 Fenix which states 190 lumens!

jeeves

Newly Enlightened
I've got a D20 (about a year now, maybe more)and, frankly, I'm surprised at how much I Like it.
Mine is finicky in that I have to keep a spacer between the piston and back ring so it works as it should, but the UI, the fit/finish, the body design are all reasons I love mine.

Throw and spill are also pretty awesome.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see that the old model was rated at 130 lumens and the new one 160 lumens..... the old one seemed brighter than my PD10 Fenix which states 190 lumens!

Fenix is notorious for advertising emitter lumens when most other companies such as EagleTac, NiteCore, JetBeam, and Quark all advertise out-the-front lumens, which is a much more accurate representation of a lights power. I have an E20 which is advertised as 109 Lumens, but it's no brighter than my Quark AA2 R2 on high, which is 70 Lumens. To go from emitter lumens to OTF lumens, reduce the advertised level by 25 - 30%.

I also have a NiteCore EZAAw that lives on my keychain... and it's a great little light. Not as bright as the cool white, but for me it's all about the tint and the beam pattern, not sheer power.

LedTed

Enlightened
I really like my D10.

I can hardly believe that the preview pix of the D11 show no clip or trit. Lack of pocket clip would be a deal breaker for me.

HoWink

Newly Enlightened
I initially ruled out the Nitecore Defender Infinity as an EDC almost entirely because it lacked a clip. I ended up buying one anyway, and I don't miss the clip at all. The reason: its slim shape allows it to ride perfectly in my front pocket; there is no need to carry it on my belt. One of the biggest advantages of the 1XAA or other one cell lights is the opportunity for it to truly serve as a pocket light. At that point the clip almost becomes a liability.

Just my experience. YMMV.

HoWink

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Nitecore throws farther because it has an XRE led vs the XPG in the Fenix LD10/LD20. As we all know, given the same size reflector, the XRE will always throw farther. What you percive as "brightness" can easily be explained by the difference in the LED. I would be willing to bet the Fenix puts out more lumens.

Anyway, congrats. Glad you like your new light. I've had great luck with Nitecore products too.