UN Blast

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
How can these people think so differently? It's hard for me to believe that religion is the only difference. How many people are going to have to die in the name of God.

darkwater

Newly Enlightened
No, its not religion. Islam, in most versions is not violent. Its just a bunch of psychos...Tim McVeigh probably called himself a "Christian" at some point.

Although, I must say there is no proof the UN was carried out by Islamic extremists. (as of yet atleast)

brightnorm

Flashaholic
People say of the suicide murderers "they're courageous" or "they've got guts" (yeah, hanging out), but actually they are cowards, maniacal cowards.

They're cowards because their heinous act automatically transports them to a glittering wondrous world of untold riches and pleasures beyond their wildest fantasies. Since they believe this as absolute truth they die not merely for a perverse sense of "duty", but in eager anticipation of the icing on all the cake they can eat. They are the worst sort of cowards who murder innocent men woman and children in order to fulfill their own greedy pleasure. For men, the prospect of 70 virgins is reason enough. Of course no one ever told them that it was really just one 70 year old virgin.

Brightnorm

lux0

Newly Enlightened
"They are the worst sort of cowards who murder innocent men woman and children in order to fulfill their own greedy pleasure"

Shhh...you shouldn't badmouth the Jews like that...they have bush on their side.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
One has to wonder if perhaps the UN will wake up to the fact that they are hated nearly as much as we are and you have to wonder if this will teach them anything about their current position on all this. Or if they will simply find a way to continue to blame it on the US and Israel...

I want to say that it will be interesting to see what politically comes of it, but there won't be any changes.

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
lux0 said:
"They are the worst sort of cowards who murder innocent men woman and children in order to fulfill their own greedy pleasure"

Shhh...you shouldn't badmouth the Jews like that...they have bush on their side.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lux0, what do you mean by that?

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was kind of wondering myself what Lux0 meant, Lets keep the thread clean. Let's not provoke more hatred in this world. Let the Flashaholics of the world be a bright light.

lhz

Newly Enlightened
Religious fanatics(regardless of what religion they suscribe to e.g. both 'Muslims' and 'Christians' have chalked up impressive bodycounts throughout their history) are more than happy to blow themselves and others up in the name of their God in exchange for that magic carpet ride to Heaven /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif.

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
The UN blast was not about religion, I don't believe any of these attacks are truly about religion, they are politically motivated attacks. They are planned by Baathists and Saddam loyalists and greedy (mostly foreign) tribal and factional leaders, either angry at losing their lucrative tyranical hold over their countrymen or looking to gain new power over them and their resources, who manipulate corrupted Mullahs ("holy" men) to preach hatred to their flocks and encourage them to "martyrdom" by preying upon their loyalties to their faith, any "Just" Muslim will tell you two very important ideals of their practiced faith 1) Jihad (Holy War) is excercised only against enemies of the Islamic faith (we allow free religious practice, so we are no threat to Islamic faith) and only against combatants (killing of non-combatants is strictly forbidden by the Koran) 2) The encouragement of "martyrdom" and the personal want to become a "martyr" are selfish in nature and therefore void the reward of the afterlife, true martyrs are free from selfish thought and die in service to Islam fighting combatants in battle during a "true" Jihad. IMHO there is some honor in men fighting for the freedom to express and practice their beliefs without fear of oppression, but the men who instigate these attacks against non-combatants are themselves oppressors and therefore have NO honor, garner NO respect, illuminate themselves as the greedy selfish cowards they are and will ultimately lose! I am not myself Muslim but I count several as friends.

TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is an interesting article on the background of the security situation at the hotel the UN took over for its Baghdad compound. ARTICLE in NY Post

What I find interesting and somewhat worrisome is that the FBI seemed to think that the bombing was sort of an "inside job" because they had hired a bunch of Saddam's own thugs to provide their security and that one or more of their own employees was directly responsible for the bombing.

Now, the US is hiring a bunch of Saddam's thugs to do some sensitive work too.... Admittedly it is better to have them working for you rather than against you, but I wonder if they will "stay bought" or if they will use their new jobs to do more nasty stuff.