• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Found (thanks CPF!)

UnderTheWeepingMoon

Enlightened
G'day all.

I'm looking to buy a Moddoo Triple XP-E (3-mode) HA-Black or, alternatively, trade my just received, brand new and unused 3-mode XP-G neutral tint Triple, plus an agreed cash amount, for a Triple XP-E. Please PM me if you can help out.

Cheers,

James

Here's a picture of my 3-mode XP-G neutral tint Triple (still yet to leave the ziplock bag):

TripleXP-GNeutral.jpg

Last edited:

dirtech

Enlightened
Re: WTT: Moddoo Triple XP-G Neutral (3-mode) + $$$ for XP-E Triple (3-mode)

I have an xpe triple in warm not nuetral tint. 7A tint I think. Mind if I ask why you want the xpe version? I like mine very much but would consider this if you want around 3k colour temp.

UnderTheWeepingMoon

Enlightened

Hi dirtech,

I would very much like a warm XP-E Triple, if we can strike a deal. The reason I want an XP-E triple is because I intend on using it in a 6P and the XP-E Triple is optimised to be driven by 1 cell, as opposed to the XP-G Triple, which needs 2 cells to reach maximum brightness.

I have an xpe triple in warm not nuetral tint. 7A tint I think. Mind if I ask why you want the xpe version? I like mine very much but would consider this if you want around 3k colour temp.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

Hi dirtech,

I would very much like a warm XP-E Triple, if we can strike a deal. The reason I want an XP-E triple is because I intend on using it in a 6P and the XP-E Triple is optimised to be driven by 1 cell, as opposed to the XP-G Triple, which needs 2 cells to reach maximum brightness.

The v1 (xpe) triple is 700L (600 for warm) on a single cell

The v3 (xpg) triple is 700L (600 for neutral) on a single cell

The plus of the xpe is better focus (more throw)

UnderTheWeepingMoon

Enlightened

The v1 (xpe) triple is 700L (600 for warm) on a single cell

The v3 (xpg) triple is 700L (600 for neutral) on a single cell

The plus of the xpe is better focus (more throw)

Hi Dan,

The way I think of it is this: running a V3 Triple in a 6P is like having a high-powered car but being restricted to half throttle when you know there's more left up its sleeve. I should have bought a V1 when I had the chance. You don't happen to have one left sitting in a box somewhere, do you? :)

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Re: WTB: Moddoo XP-E Triple (3-mode) (or WTT Triple XP-G Neutral (3-mode) + $$$)

Yeah, I understand. The drive to avoid loss is a powerful one.

Even if everything else is the same (power, runtime, age, price, availability), the one that is supposed to yield 1100 lumens feels like you were loosing (not getting) 400 lumens. The one that is supposed to be 700 in the first place doesn't have that problem.

Sorry, none of the originals left.

The pool of folks you are looking for is less than 40 strong. You might consider a more direct approach.

dirtech

Enlightened
Re: WTB: Moddoo XP-E Triple (3-mode) (or WTT Triple XP-G Neutral (3-mode) + $$$)

I'm surprised to hear the warm xpe is the same output as a nuetral xpg.

UnderTheWeepingMoon

Enlightened

Bump. I'm looking specifically for a Moddoo Triple XP-E (3-mode) HA-Black. I know I'm looking for someone to give up their drop-in from a very small pool but I think it's worth another shot. Thanks to the helpful CPFers who have commented in this thread and via PM.

dirtech

Enlightened

Sorry I haven't replied in a bit finally have a couple days off. Mine is not HA black and after reading Electron Guru's post it doesn't appear I would gain much output by switching which was what I was hoping for. Good luck in your search.

Linger

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hello,

Please include spec of you xpg model. Link me the right post, I have been in m@gs and hotwires lately, I haven't followed the triples for the past few months. I need (flux, bin) as well as circuit board, etc.. (was this a moddoo-potted electrics -or- the quazzle version?) Perhaps a headshot sans(without) optic will suffice.

I have a triple xpe r2, 3md with the 8x7135 linear regulator driver (most efficient closest to vf, spec says 'under 6v', b/c the little 7135's get hot burning up waste voltage when they're running full open (350ma each).
I'm not planning on losing the unit at all (it's just a solid component to have) but if you're offering a similar product in a neutral tint, then it's not a loss.
Question is on assembly of your item - I've made my own xpg r45b and r33a'a, but they're on a cutter board and the way Moddoo soldered the xpe's direct to a copper ring is leet sheet.

UTWM - I've got a custom Moddoo triple R2, we just have to see if this is our trade, or if you're looking for someone else.

+1 getting a neutral to trade - about the only thing anyone will give one of these up for, is another one.

Last edited:

UnderTheWeepingMoon

Enlightened

Hello,

Please include spec of you xpg model. Link me the right post, I have been in m@gs and hotwires lately, I haven't followed the triples for the past few months. I need (flux, bin) as well as circuit board, etc.. (was this a moddoo-potted electrics -or- the quazzle version?) Perhaps a headshot sans(without) optic will suffice.

I have a triple xpe r2, 3md with the 8x7135 linear regulator driver (most efficient closest to vf, spec says 'under 6v', b/c the little 7135's get hot burning up waste voltage when they're running full open (350ma each).
I'm not planning on losing the unit at all (it's just a solid component to have) but if you're offering a similar product in a neutral tint, then it's not a loss.
Question is on assembly of your item - I've made my own xpg r45b and r33a'a, but they're on a cutter board and the way Moddoo soldered the xpe's direct to a copper ring is leet sheet.

UTWM - I've got a custom Moddoo triple R2, we just have to see if this is our trade, or if you're looking for someone else.

+1 getting a neutral to trade - about the only thing anyone will give one of these up for, is another one.

Hi Linger,

I bought the Triple XP-G drop-in directly from oveready.com. From what I can see, they only list single-mode Triples on the site at the moment but my version is a three-mode model.

According to ElectronGuru's post in this thread, the emitters are R4/4C. The XP-G triples have a different driver setup to the old XP-E triples. The new setup is fully-regulated, with the driver and emitters mounted on a single copper based MCPCB.

Latest posts