need leads on Nexstar 2C modder

steve_vance

Enlightened
I'd like to find a modder who will make up a couple of Nexstar 2Cs to my specs. Can anyone suggest someone for this job?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
I'd like the lights to use either "very high quality (well-binned) 1W or maybe the new 3watt LS, no 123 batteries, like to use the 2C configuration with a stepup circuit (I don't know which to use). Must be well heat-sinked.
If you like I will purchase the Nexstar 2Cs.
Any takers?

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd say the parts you'd need would be a R2K/whatever R ranked 1w's that dat2zip has at his shop. Then get also one of his stepup boards. What kind of runtime do you want? if you want brightness, a bb700 or bb750 would overdrive it but it should hold up no problem, and be extremely bright. If you want run time then go close to specs like a bb350/400. etc.

For a super bright tight beam you could put in the 30mm optics, or maybe experiement with the reflector but I doubt the small reflector would be as tight as the 30mm optics.

As fars as modders, maybe ask MrBulk, as he is familair with this light or Lambda or any of the skunkworks fellas..?

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Steve I saw this, and Ike I thank you for your kind recommendation, but I am just way too busy. Also I no longer have heatsinks that fit the NexStar, so unless I cut them myself which would be a rough job and like I said, I'm just way...

The configuration should be no problem as there will be a lot of room in which to work. And you might be able to use the stock black plastic bulb socket as the "can" to hold the regulator of choice. The 30mm will drop right in to the bezel, and as Ike said might be a better choice for overall throw, although it will never provide a "pinpont" spot. Also a front lens cannot be used as the bezel would barely latch onto the threads with the 30mm in there.