Will Surefire's Warranty Void if...

Tiresius

Enlightened
Will their warranty void if I broke the p60 led from the G2 and replaced it with a cree q5 from DX?

Currently, the inner metal tube is losing contact with the bottom half of the emitter. It looks like after two years of using the cree q5, the inner tube is worn down and can only light for the first minute or two and then dies out.

Will surefire say something against using a third party emitter on their product. I don't want to send it back and they end up replacing my old head with the kx2 heads since I can't use rechargables anymore.

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you changed the LED that originally came installed in the P60L with a Cree Q5, then yes the warranty on the P60L has been voided.

If you are simply are using a different drop-in, then the warranty would not be voided.

Size15's

Flashaholic
The best/only way to find out whether SureFire will warranty your G2 is by calling and explaining your situation.

If you have been using an aftermarket LED drop-in and this has damaged the G2 then I don't see how this is SureFire's fault.

Tiresius

Enlightened
If you have been using an aftermarket LED drop-in and this has damaged the G2 then I don't see how this is SureFire's fault.

I was thinking of that as well. Not too sure but will have to call up surefire about it and see what they say. If warranty voids, I'll have to coil some wires around the bottom part to allow the connection to reach.

Just another question, are there other drop-ins similar to the p60L where there's the outer ring touching the inner metal tube? DX's cree Q5 needs the outer ring to be removed in order to fit.