• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: SST-90 Surefire L1!! (SOLD!)

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi everyone.

I just completed my latest project.

I purchased a NEW Surefire L1 and gave it a complete make over (on the inside:naughty: )

Yep the factory LED has been replaced with a top bin 5700k SST-90 :eek:.

The factory optic has been removed and has been replaced by a deep 15mm custom mop reflector (factory KL4 reflector is only about 10mm deep).
The driver board was removed from the body and a copper/nylon plug replaced it.

This light is direct drive on a single IMR 16340, and has a 2 mode Low/High twisty tail.

This light provides the elegant look you would expect from Surefire coupled with explosive power of the SST-90. It is both impressive and useful. Its tiny pocket size form makes it easy to carry anywhere. The High mode is great for shocking your friends, while the low mode provides a very useful task light.

The beam of this beauty reaches both far and wide, and is the the smooth soft quality you expect would from Luminus Phlatlight led and MOP reflector. NO donut, just a large hot spot with bright even spill.

The light also maintains the factory belt clip, lanyard ring, lanyard, and for those who may not know all Surefires are type III hard anodized.

Now on with the show:popcorn:

The business end.

Now for some beam shots. For these shots the camera was set with white balance on auto and ISO 80. Lets start with something many of us are familiar with.

First up Surefire 6P

Next Surefire L1 SST-90 on LOW mode

As you can see Low with this light actually means a useful Low.

Now L1 High :D

What do you say we take this fight out side.

For these next shots I had to up the exposure time a bit because the camera would not pick up the low mode on 80, so WB is still auto and ISO is 400 for these.

First a control shot.

Next Surefire 6p

L1 Low

L1 High

Price is 249$ shipped. SOLD

Standard rules apply, questions are welcome, but first unconditional "I'll take it" follow by :paypal: is the new owner of this light.

Last edited:

karlheinz3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: SST-90 Surefire L1!!

:twothumbs WOW....awesome! I can't imagine that lasting very long on High on a single little cell but it sure looks cool! I just bought a SST-50 room sweeper today or it would be mine!

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes very nice result. I'm kind of curious to see the build progression pics if you have any - namely the custom copper/nylon heatsink. :clap:

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

Guys I really appriciate the compliments. Thank you.

Yes very nice result. I'm kind of curious to see the build progression pics if you have any - namely the custom copper/nylon heatsink. :clap:

The copper/nylon part is not for the led heat sink it is a part I made to replace the driver board in the body. I dont have a lot of build pics for this one, but here is what it looks like installed.

how's runing time?

Runtime on high 12-14 min max, on low I would estimate 45 min to an hour.