Another death in the family ..................

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello CPF. I had posted in Febuary about my Dad passing away and how difficult it was/is. I am not over it yet and today about 12:30pm my Mother passed away as well, my head is spinning. Mom hadn't been feeling well and we got her to go in and get checked out. She had a severe case of eczema in her legs and was going to get that checked out. When they initially checked her out they discovered she also had atrial flutter and severe obstructive sleep apnea as well. She went from the hospital to a care center and back to the hospital. Her condition never really did improve and she filled with fluid and lost blood pressure last night suddenly. I didn't get to talk with her very much as she had to wear a CPAP mask most of the time, her breath just simply vanished. I've never seen anything like it. She was intubated twice as well. I went in her room this morning and told her if she wanted to fight we would fight with her, but if she wanted to be with Dad I understood and that she should go and that I and my siblings would be okay. About 9 hours later she was gone. We followed her DNR and after about 10 minutes that was it. I live/lived with my Mom and am presently unemployed as well. I am absolutely reeling right now, WOW, I have never felt this way in my life. This past 5 weeks have been a blur and now this. I do not know if I can attend the viewing/funeral the way I am feeling right now, the wounds are too deep. I just wanted to share a little with you all as it helps the grief process along. Cherish your parents always friends, they can be gone very, very quickly ........................:sick2: Please pray for me everyone, I really need it.

Last edited:

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
MarNav... wow... I am so sorry to hear this. I have been through the deaths of my parents and a step son (Elijah in Afghanistan), so I know how this must feel to you. Please know that you are not alone and that others understand and are praying for you. Be strong my friend, your parents would want you to be that way. We are all here for just a short time. Everything you know, everyone you know, all will be gone with the passage of a little time. Cherish the moments here and know we are all going somewhere else in just a little time.

Vesper

Enlightened
MarNav, sorry to hear about this. Hang in there and thanks for the reminder on what's important. We'll all be thinking af ya. Let us know how things are going along the way.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am deeply sorry for your lost.
1 thing that is certain about life, and thats death. its a natural part of life.
shes in a better place now without pain and suffering, looking after the people that loves her.

ASheep

Enlightened
I am very sorry for your loss MarNav1. Just remember to cherish and support your friends and remaining family in these hard times. It is always hardest for those left behind, but life must go on. There is a great community of people here to help you through these hard times. :grouphug:

kazkut

Newly Enlightened
I am sorry for your losses. Hang in there buddy. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. "To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord." 2 Corinthians 5:8

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
You are welcome to PM me any time, I lost my parents awhile back and am single and coping ok. My parents went suddenly too with mom dying in her sleep 27 years younger than her mom did. My dad got cancer and it killed him 7 weeks after they found it. He was hardly ever sick in his life. I miss them both and most of the time the only people that will talk to me more than once a week are online now. The internet is wonderful because people are up late when you are unable to sleep. My mom was a night owl I would have been talking to her had she lived right now instead of typing online.

z17813

Newly Enlightened
Just try to remember that good friends are like family & lean on them as much as you need. And we're all sorry and saddened to hear your news. Stay strong.

bladerunner

Newly Enlightened
So sorry to hear this about your Mom. Try to know that both of your parents want you to be OK and to be happy and well. I will be thinking of you and hope that it gives you strenght.

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very sorry to hear of your great loss. I can only imagine how tough this is for you right now, hang in there buddy.

Thinking of you.

Tony

Ny0ng1

Enlightened
cant say much except my deepest condolences and you are in my prayer tonight. Hang on and thanks for sharing.

Darvis

Enlightened
MarNav, my thoughts are with you. Hang tough because, although you'll never get over your losses (none of us really do), you will get through them. I will shine a flashlight in your Mom and Dad's memory tonight. Take care of yourself!

qandeel

Newly Enlightened
MarNAv

Very sorry for your loss. My deepest condolences and best thoughts are with you.

May you have all the strength.

Kind regrads

TRITON

Newly Enlightened
MarNav1. hello from Australia. I am sorry for your loss, both mum and dad. I said a prayer for you and your family as soon as I read your post.

Our Father of the Universe will look after them very well, don't worry.
My thoughts are with you. Kindest regards TRITON.