Wolf-Eyes Night hunter

Tatjanamagic

Enlightened
In meantime I have got 2 versions of this light R2 turbo & R5 turbo and added a pictures(Candle Man took pro pictures)

They are coming in a nice wolf-eyes box with lanyard and instructions.
wolf-eyes-night-hunter-02.jpg

Wolf-Eyes Night-Hunter R5 turbo pictures
Aspherical lenses

lenses.jpg

Weird OP reflector inside (picture token over lenses)

reflector-inside.jpg

Tube... Build like a tank...

tube-inside.jpg

Inside the switch

switch-inside.jpg

The following two beam shots are at 0.5 meter from a white door.
My night-hunter(R5) is on an cenpower protected 18650(2600mAh) cell.

20100914195744.jpg

- Zooming-out beam shot : ISO 200, 1/80 Sec, F3.2, White balance auto.

20100914201714.jpg

This is a control shot in the dark and there is building at 60m app..
- ISO 400, 1/50 Sec, F3.2, White balance auto.

20100914203763.jpg

This is zooming-in beam shot. (same condition as control shot)
It shows a nice beam profile to see and you can see a slightly larger outline of the actual emitter. I like it. :)
20100914203798.jpg

BUILD QUALITY?
- Flashlight comes lubed, nothing rattles, materials looks excellent.
- I did not disassemble it as U need some kind of special toll for that( U must unscrew O ring on aspherical lenses and take out lenses & Orange peel reflector.

ORANGE PEEL REFLECTOR INSIDE?

Just look it on pictures. I never seen this kind of reflector.
- This reflector gives ringy beam with a little spill...

SWITCH?
- What I liked the most is switch. Although it has 4 modes the good think is that it has no memory effect so every time U turn off the flashlight(for 2 seconds) and turn it on it will be on high :thumbsup:

Why to use other modes? If U R hunter U will find this modes very useful because with this flashlight U will get ALL IN ONE flashlight... Of course U will be using high most of the time but if U do kill u can put flashlight off the gun or scope and set it to lower modes and U can track for animals whole night 20% brightness(10.8hrs)->2% brightness (150hrs)claimed by manufacturer but I would say U need to take 40% from that and U will get real value.

DRIVER?
-
Constant current driver. I use ultrafire 18650 protected ones and I get about 45 minutes full brightness, and after that light gets dimmer

EMITTER?

R5 TURBO(450lm)... What a hell is turbo in that:confused:
I don't know what to say but that is very WIDE...
Someone will like it Someone will hate it...
My opinion? Good for hunters bad for throw demanding people.

THROW?

Yes I test it of course without lux meters and other stuff because I thrust my eye more than lux meter :)
- Today was a bit foggy night with stars...
- Throw is good with R5 emitter up to 180 meters but if U R hunter U will use it up to 120 meters because U will be able to clearly identify the target at that distance

BEAM & focusing ability?

I don't know what to think about beam coming from this flashlight but it is ringy beam :ironic:
- Focusing ability is good and just good... I am not impressed...

Wolf-Eyes Night-Hunter R2 Turbo

Quite different OP reflector than in R5 model

P9108905.jpg

This is day shot at my white door 4 meters away (R5 left R2 right)

P9248950.jpg

R2 2,5 meters from wall

P9078867.jpg

R2 close shot of hot spot

P9078870.jpg

My 2 pcs R2 turbo vs R5 turbo

P9088879.jpg

Final picture. R2(left)vs R5(right) Distance 40 meters of the house.

P9108913.jpg

My considerations?

- Night hunter R2 Turbo is way better than R5 (although R5 cost 10 $ more )
- It is more than 50% brighter than R5
- It has not ringy beam like R5
- It has much better and brighter throw
- Throws more than 200 meters but best to use up to 120 meters

This flashlight is dream of every hunter. Why?

Well it does not have ultra super throw like Tiablo A9 with aspherical head but it have plenty advantages:

- This is aspherical flashlight but it is very bright with usable side spill

- It has regulated focus but most of the time it will be at best focusing position because U can clearly identify target from 5 to 120 meters(owners of tiablo A9 asph. knows that that is impossible on small distances with it)

- Switch is pure perfection. Always on high with no memory effect. If U use other mods and turn it off for 2 seconds it will be on high...

- Mods on wolf eyes are very usable... When U have wounded animal(guys that hate hunt my apologize) U can set it up to 20% brightness and track for animal whole night or 2% if U want to spend whole week in a forest :crackup:
- U can clearly identify target that is 5 meters away while on tiablo A9 U can lid only tail of an animal :)

I can say that my tiablo A9 will go in backpak and it will be good for observation(200 - 300 meters throw) and this little beast goes on my rifle :thumbsup:

My recommendations(only R2 turbo) to every hunter and every throwing flashlight fan.

I don't want to compare it with tiablo A9 asph. in throw(but I can if U want) because nothing except deft and dbs can compete in throw with that thing.

U C that pictures on a house? Tiablo would have beam with no side spill 1,5×1,5 wide as window on a picture.

And one more thing:

This can run on 2× cr123 3,0 V(not rcr) so U can probably get 15% brighter throw with it but I will NEVER use it... I am enjoying with 18650 inside.
I did not wanted to test it with 2×rcr 16340 from tiablo because they have 3,7 V each so probably I would destroy flashlight driver.

Last edited:

OceanView

Enlightened
Nice. Quite a departure from typical W-E styling, though.

I dig the adjustable focus.

SiliconCali

Newly Enlightened
That's a great light. :thumbsup: I can't find any dealers except for a shady one that get terrible ResellerRatings. Looks like Amazon has a placeholder for it when available.

I'd like to buy one to try it out.

Last edited:

Tatjanamagic

Enlightened
Yesterday I was restless because of this flashlight had to buy one...

84$ On special promotional price on dino direct (just flashlight without charger and battery)

But in a month or two the price will probably be well over 100$

I hardly wait that to come... Probably it won't beat Tiablo A9 Q5 aspherical in throw because it has smaller aspherical lenses while Tiablo has larger but I look for something smaller than can come close to that...

Looks really awesome. It should be a killer thrower...

Edit: I forgot to mention that I bought with r5 turbo emitter. Other emitters even lower price about 75 $

Last edited:

cccpull

Enlightened
Interesting light. I also saw the different prices, ranging from $79 to $129 (US), determined by if it included the battery and charger. Hopefully it will be in a Wolf-Eyes box instead of just bubble wrap.

Let us know how you like it, it looks good and the specs are good. I would think the r2 would have provided more throw, if that's what you were looking for.

Don't forget this thread!:D

recDNA

Flashaholic
A while ago I tried a wolfeyes focusing flashlight. To say it was less than normal wolfeyes quality would be an understatement. Be sure to buy from someone with a good return policy just in case.

SiliconCali

Newly Enlightened
Yesterday I was restless because of this flashlight had to buy one...

84$ On special promotional price on dino direct (just flashlight without charger and battery)

Tatja please let us know when your flashlight arrives.

I was going to order too but that vendor had such bad reviews on resellerratings.com that I decided to pass. If you don't know that site its a customer review portal for vendors, and is quite good for sorting the good vs. bad online players.

I hope you don't have any issues. I will order one too if your experience is positive.

Tatjanamagic

Enlightened
I will make review when I get flashlight...

Maybe I made a mistake by ordering R5 turbo (which is lot expensier BTW) it will surely have less throw... But I don't have that emitter in my collection. Maybe it won't throw less?:thinking:

Ordered yesterday and probably it will need about 3 weeks to arrive but I will not forget to update U.

I can compare it to Tiablo A9 Q5 aspherical and plenty of aspherical romisens and other Chinaspherical throwers.

If anyone gets this flashlight before me please share experience with us.

wormwood

Newly Enlightened
I had that flashlight on order from DinoDirect since July 11th, I waited for it to ship but the order status never changed. I wasn't really crazy about an international CC purchase, so I used Paypal. Well, after a week I contacted DinoDirect and the only answer I could understand was that this was a new flashlight & that it was being made as we spoke. So, with that answer, I went to Paypal & put the purchase in dispute. A few days later I got a call from Dinodirect asking me to close the dispute & they would ship the flashlight. I felt like I was being hustled by a chinese lady with ADD, so I just put dispute into to a claim & paypal refunded my $188.32 late last week. Now with that said, everyone was very polite, it simply boiled down to..... $188.32 halfway around the world on a Paypal trotline, I mean come on!

I hope you have better luck than me. No doubt, I was impatient but then again, I'm try to sell something I don't have.

I put a call in to www.pts-flashlights.com hoping they could shed some light on the subject. If I here back from them I'll post any new info & please keep us posted, Tatjanamagic. I'd like to read your review or at least see some pictures.

WormWood

Tatjanamagic

Enlightened
I also hope I will be better luck than U. But why would they selling flashlights if they don't have them in stock?

I will make small review comparing to Tiablo A9 with aspherical lenses. But only If I will get that flashlight. Usually free int. shipping needs 3 week to my country...

But if someone will grab that please share your experience with us.

Edit found interesting video about this model here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGHa3JMQFOU

Well in this video this flashlight looks weaker than Romisen C8, and I gona kill myself if they are same or weaker... (romisen 15$, Nighthunter 84$)

Tiablo A9 wall shot from half meter is like the sun has come down on earth. It is really cool aspherical thrower... They need to continue developing it in way wolf eyes did with Nighthunter model.

Last edited:

Baddog

Newly Enlightened
a very tough host, screw down focusing system (will withstand recoil) not sure about output, very ringy beam if its a white wall you are after...

recDNA

Flashaholic
a very tough host, screw down focusing system (will withstand recoil) not sure about output, very ringy beam if its a white wall you are after...

Is the lens glass or some kind of plastic?

SiliconCali

Newly Enlightened
Edit found interesting video about this model here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGHa3JMQFOU

Thanks for that link! Nice to see it in real life. Hard to tell brightness from that guy's vid since he couldn't even keep the beam in frame. :duh2:

I also hope I will be better luck than U. But why would they selling flashlights if they don't have them in stock?

On a serious note these guys appear to just market these products then send the orders to the manufacturer for fulfillment...if they even do that. I would not wait too long for delivery. If they didn't have it to me within the time I could dispute the order with my credit card company or PayPal, however you paid, I'd be very worried. Beyond a certain point they could have your money and you have nothing.

I also think poster wormwood gave some interesting feedback above.

Not trying to get you worried, and I hope you get your light, but a lot of people have taken the time to write them up for non-delivery or product significantly different than advertised. Google "dinodirect scam" to start your research if interested.

Take care.

Last edited:

Tatjanamagic

Enlightened
Hi Baddog welcome to CPF...

I assume U have that flashlight so please give us your review or some picture if U have it or maybe compare to other aspherical throwers.

Tatjanamagic

Enlightened
Does the Tiablo have a glass aspherical lens? Does anybody?

Tiablo A9 is ordinary thrower flashlight with smooth reflector but U have aspherical head add on for it and yes it has glass aspherical lenses, and I asked guy does nighthunter have it also and he said that it has but not 100% sure because hi did not disassemble it...

But according to this pictures I would say that wolfeyes has glass aspherical lenses...