Help Me Decide: EDC Decisions

gdawg522

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone. I'm looking at ordering the Jetbeam Jet-1 Pro v3 or the nitecore extreme. They are both fairly small and will fit my needs for an EDC. My current EDC which is now lost but will show up sometime is a Romisen RC-C3. I would like the replacement to be similar in size. That is it's about 22 mm wide and 75 mm long. I'm looking for something of higher quality than the Romisen. I got that light just to test it out because of the value and I fell in love with it and it became my EDC since then. Any help would be appreciated. I'd like to stay around $60. Thanks guys

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
If this is a "vote" type thread, between the two you have listed, I prefer the Jet I Prov V3 .

They have the warm one available at bugoutgearusa and it is a VERY nice tint and it really throws well. It is a bit ringy however but I really am happy with it.

You can get one from bugoutgearusa with the coupon code "cpfjet" for $57 instead of $70. AND also IMHO, bugoutgearusa is one of the top 3 vendors for awesome customer service.

Last edited:

gdawg522

Newly Enlightened
I just want a higher quality light than the Romisen RC-C3. That light has been great for me though and I love the size and weight so I'm definitely looking for something similar. I will be ordering another Romisen just because I liked that light so much. I'm leaning towards the Jet 1 but I'm not sure about the size and weight. I will do some comparing and see what I get out of it.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
From the lights you've mentioned it sounds like you're looking for a thrower that will be able to handle some heavy use but you want small at the same time. For better advice, more info on what your use is like will be necessary.

If you want something small, R2 Nitecore D10's are still available and they're smaller than the Extremes, though not quite as bright.

Jetbeams are also great lights, very throwy, and the Pro I v3 is a great light. Jets tend to have somewhat ringy beam patterns though, even with OP reflectors in them in my experience.

If you're willing to spend the money, HDS Ra Clickies have an extremely loyal following and they're in the size range you're talking about.

I could go on, but again, more info would be helpful for soliciting helpful suggestions.

Latest posts