Malkoff for my Surefire C3

The Coach

Enlightened
I'm getting ready to place an order for a drop-in for my new MD-2 and figure I might as well get one for my SF Centurion C3 too. All the drop-ins seem to be for the 2 primary models. Am I missing something? What is the best one for the C3? :thinking:

mfrey

Enlightened
I would say the M61 or M61W depending on your preference for tint. You could use two 17500 rechargeable cells or three primaries. If maximizing runtime is a concern then opt for the L or LL model.

You could also get the M31(W) and use two AA cells in an adaptor sleeve. In some ways that's an attractive option for a utility light given the ubiquitousness of AAs.

Last edited:

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
It depends on what you want Sal. Every drop in (except for M30/31) can take the 9V that the 9P supplies (hence the 9 in 9P).

The extra battery just adds extra runtime, not brightness. :)

You could always bore it and run 2 x 18500.

Have fun!!!

Oh, I would go with the M61WL. :D

Reaper

Enlightened
Just my own opinions and usages. My MD2 runs a M61 with a high/low ring good for outstanding brightness and flood for up to medium distances plus low lumens for other times. One of my 6P's with A19 extender (makes it a C3) goes with an M60 for when I need throw. Nice thing about the 6P/extender is that it allows me to run a M30/M31 with 2xAA's or remove it and have another 6P. In my opinion, a hi/low ring is almost mandatory for MD2's.

The Coach

Enlightened
I would like to keep her close to stock and just run the 3 primaries. At one time (back in the 20th century) this was my brightest light.
Brandon, that was the one I was thinking about too. Usually, I would go for throw, but I have a bunch of throwers now, so the WL looks pretty good.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. :devil:

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Sal, I have just about every Malkoff under the moon, M61WL is my fave. The extra runtime far far far exceeds the loss in brightness of the M61W. :)

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think so too. Malkoff M60L used to my fav. module but I think I like M61L better. Seems almost as bright but runs for what seems like forever.

The Coach

Enlightened
Well, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a M60LF for my MD-2 and a M61 (the M61WL was out of stock). I'll probably pick up the WL and one of the High?Low Bezel Switches for the MD-2 when they are back in stock. Oh, the humanity. :crackup: