Anyone own/use a one of these for going to work?

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
My dad had a moped type gas scooter that you had to pedal (like a bicycle) to start up. I used to ride it around the neighborhood when I was an early teen. I remember it being pretty fun, although I looked kind of silly.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
When I lived just a few miles from work in Glendale, Arizona...I used to ride a little 50cc Honda Scooter everyday! GREAT gas mileage!

Wore a bright orange vest and helmet all the time. It's tough to spot scooters & motocycles from a vehicle. You really have to be defensive!

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a huge fan of "Roman Holiday". Non-Vespa type? OK. I'm out. Scooters are nice though. It's just that Audrey Hepburn belongs on a Vespa.

JJHitt

Enlightened
A bicycle is the only form of transportation I have owned since the 1970's.

Driving an automobile interfered with my drinking, so I quit.

Steve K

Flashlight Enthusiast
Usually I bicycle to work, as it is only 4 miles from home. My car sits forlorn at home, and is only used sporadically.

The advantage of bicycling as a form of transportation is that it gives you a whole new area of lighting to tinker with! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Steve K.

Mark_van_Gorkom

Enlightened
Re: Anyone own/use a one of these for going to wor

Err,no; just a silly mistake while cutting & pasting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
I am about to buy my bike (yet) another light, though...

The link should now be more apropos.

B@rt

Flashaholic

chahurlx_lg.jpg

Challenge Hurricane.
All transportation. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Scott Packard

Newly Enlightened

Almost took one out last week. He was riding a 2-stroke skateboard on the sidewalk, at night, no lights, on a rather dark street. I was at the intersection, he was trying to run a yellow while I had stopped for a red and was prepared to proceed for a right turn. He went down the handicapped driveway on the corner of the sidewalk and across the intersection at full speed.
If I was in my normal driving mood he would have took himself out, Darwin style. Instead, my wife had bought a new car a few weeks ago and I had taken that out to get dinner and a drink to go. I was driving relaxed. *Nobody* would anticipate a 25 MPH pedestrian!

Anyway, I am a seasoned motorcycle rider also, and you probably didn't want to hear horror stories, so I'll drop off.

- Scott