Perfect keyring pill fob for 1 AAA cell

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just bought a stainless steel Original Pill Fob by Wrack Works, apparently sold under a different name, from the Herrington Catalog, for carrying pills. What do you know: It perfectly holds one AAA cell! Diameter is perfect, internal height is maybe 2 or 3mm longer than needed. Expensive, to be sure. But if short runtime has been stopping you from buying that 200-lumen 1x10440 (corrected from 14500) light, now you can carry 1 or two spare cells and barely know they're there.

original-pill_fob_01-800x600.jpg

original_pill_fob__open_575x433.jpg

Pill_Fob_box_front_799x428.jpg

Pill_Fob_box_rear_799x400.jpg

Last edited:

OCD

Enlightened
This is EXACTLY what I've been looking for to replace the cut-off M@g Solitaire I've been using!

its about 4x the cost of the one I bought for my CR123, but I may have to go ahead and buy one since I haven't ran across anything else to fit the bill, much less any cheaper.

Thanks for the heads up!

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can see a AAA inside a Troika Pill Pod 1 in this thread over at edcforums.

At Herrington, I paid $25 shipped. It's available for $22 shipped (within the USA) at OpAmerica. Do NOT buy directly from Troika; it's only $13, but they want $25 for shipping!

I can't be sure that the Troika Pill Pod 1 is identical to the Original Pill Fob. But if it isn't, it's a darn good copy. And the latter can't be found anywhere.

bobjane

Enlightened
I carry one of these on the keys.

- Very slightly longer
- Weighs less
- Fits an AAA perfectly! :p
- Costs less (after shipping)
- Has an excellent built in flashlight!

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
For carrying around AAA's there is an alternative that has been around for a while, I know since I have got several of these.

They can also be used to carry pills, though the metal inside is kind of exposed.

Now, I wish I could remember where I got them -- I think they were cheaper than these.

Still, for pill carrying, the ones Paul from Maryland is showing here look definitely nicer, so may be worth the extra cost.

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are nice but expensive...

I think that another good option to carry AAA is a Fenix E01. Waterproof, shockproof, dustproof, 15$ shipped and best of all, an excellent backup light.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
I think that another good option to carry AAA is a Fenix E01. Waterproof, shockproof, dustproof, 15$ shipped and best of all, an excellent backup light.
If I would pursue this aspect, I'd take a similar track, in my case (another) ARC-AAA. Used, they are ~$15-$20 and comparably small, just 2.75" / 70mm in length. :thumbsup:

Any other lock hobbyists out there? Notice the 9-pin key (or maybe 10!) :eek:
4's are easy, 5's not too bad. I've only sucessfully opened a 6-pin once. :poof:

Last edited:

tylernt

Enlightened
Any other lock hobbyists out there? Notice the 9-pin key (or maybe 10!) :eek:
4's are easy, 5's not too bad. I've only sucessfully opened a 6-pin once. :poof:
I noticed it was a freakishly long key. Prolly to make the pill fob look smaller by comparison... dirty marketing dept.

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
http://goinggear.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2&zenid=09583276438531f2e2e76bdc14379c0a

I have a bunch of these; come in different sizes, and I have some that fit AA, AAA and 123 cells. Only a couple of bucks per.

The $20 pill fob is ideal for holding pills, because it's entirely stainless steel. But you're right, Phaserburn: At $2 each, Goinggear's Slim Pill Capsule is hands-down a better choice for holding a 1xAAA. And judging from the third photo below, it even fits better!

goinggear%20slimcapsulebk_LRG.jpg

goinggear_slimcapsulebk_02_LRG.jpg

goinggear_slimcapsulebk_03_LRG.jpg

I carry a spare AA in a Goinggear Bunker Capsule. For this purpose, it's not as slim or short as it could be, but it's the nearest AA match I've found.

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just picked up one of these at the local Eckerd Pharmacy for $4.99
I'm 99.9999% pretty sure it's the same thing.
If it's truly medical-grade stainless steel, like the unobtainable Original Pill Fob and the $24 (shipped) Troika, that's an outstanding buy.

MWClint

Enlightened
If it's truly medical-grade stainless steel, like the unobtainable Original Pill Fob and the $24 (shipped) Troika, that's an outstanding buy.

checked it out a little more closely and it happens to be just a cheaper clone. same dimensions..it holds a AAA no problem..but it's some sort of chrome coated non ferrous metal(bronzish colored under the chrome). the finish
will definitly wear over time.

for holding a AAA, it's a decent B&M find.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
The $20 pill fob is ideal for holding pills, because it's entirely stainless steel. But you're right, Phaserburn: At $2 each, Goinggear's Slim Pill Capsule is hands-down a better choice for holding a 1xAAA. And judging from the third photo below, it even fits better!

goinggear%20slimcapsulebk_LRG.jpg

goinggear_slimcapsulebk_02_LRG.jpg

goinggear_slimcapsulebk_03_LRG.jpg

Now I know what else to include in my next order from goinggear.com :)