Emitter for Aeon and T1A Mods?

tsl

Enlightened
I'm thinking to have two lights modded - an Aeon and a SF T1A.

For the Aeon, it came with a R2 XR-E, and I like the throw but want to smooth out the Cree rings. Scott (Milky) modded one with an XP-G and a McR-12R reflector which smoothed out the rings, but it looks like the throw suffered. My thought was that an XP-E might be a better candidate for throw and still smooth out the rings. Any comments?

For the SF T1A, I want to keep the stock reflector but replace the Seoul P4 emitter and get more throw / punchy flood. DaFabricata has modded this light with an XP-G and also with a Seoul High CRI with good results. My thought was to go with an XP-G but I'm also thinking about a K2 TFFC or Rebel ES (both neutral white).

The K2 TFFC specs:
Mfr Part#: LXK2-PWN4-0160
Family: Luxeon K2
Type of White: Neutral
Radiation Pattern: Lambertian
Flux: 160 lm
Drive Current: 1000 mA
Forward Current: 1500 mA
Forward Voltage: 3.65

The Rebel ES specs:
Mfr Part#: LXML-PWN1-0120

Family: Luxeon Rebel
Type of White: Neutral
Radiation Pattern: Lambertian
Flux: 120 lm
Drive Current: 350 mA
Forward Current: 1000 mA
Forward Voltage: 3.15 V

I did see this thread with some beamshots of an XP-G versus a K2 TFFC, both on towers, and the XP-G was brighter.
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/246385

However, I'm not sure what the situation would be with the T1A reflector.

Anyway, any input would be appreciated.

DM51

Flashaholic
Don't forget the Aeon uses a CR2 cell, not a CR123A. If you intend to put a RCR2 Li-Ion in there to run a K2 TFFC, bear in mind 1000mA is ~3C, which is not going to do the cell a lot of good...

tsl

Enlightened
Don't forget the Aeon uses a CR2 cell, not a CR123A. If you intend to put a RCR2 Li-Ion in there to run a K2 TFFC, bear in mind 1000mA is ~3C, which is not going to do the cell a lot of good...

I wasn't planning on using anything other than a regular CR2 in the Aeon and a CR123 in the Titan. No li-ion in either light.