How much money have you spent?

CPFBiology

Enlightened
How much money have you spent on LED flashlights? How money hundreds of dollars ago was it "too much"?

How much more will you be spending in the next year?

<---light weight, maybe around $400+$100 on batteries
I might be spending another $200-$400 in the next week.

jtblue

Newly Enlightened
Lets so now:
- Fenix TK10.....$90.00
- AA Mini Mag.....$26.00
- Inova X5 UV.....$100.00
- Eveready Dolphin Mk6.....$25.00
- Surefire 6P LED.....$170.00

Total..... AUD $411

Thats about all I've spent on flashlights and not including batteries, I think I've been doing alright on my behalf :naughty:

CPFBiology

Enlightened
Lets so now:
- Fenix TK10.....$90.00
- AA Mini Mag.....$26.00
- Inova X5 UV.....$100.00
- Eveready Dolphin Mk6.....$25.00
- Surefire 6P LED.....$170.00

Total..... AUD $411

Thats about all I've spent on flashlights and not including batteries, I think I've been doing alright on my behalf :naughty:

Was there anything special about the Surefire 6P for that price? Malkoff? Other mods?

jtblue

Newly Enlightened
Was there anything special about the Surefire 6P for that price? Malkoff? Other mods?

No thats a stock 6P LED (KX4), down here in Australia Surefire prices are severely over-inflated and no retailers from abroad are able to export their surefires to Australia :shakehead

So this will be my first and last surefire but I'll upgrade the LED's when they bring them out over the coming years (don't think I'll be getting any malkoff's)

jacketch

Newly Enlightened
A recent inventory would indicate $1400 + :broke:

I know that makes me a lightweight on CPF :thinking:

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
bout $700, mostly used,

i have about 25 quality lights bumping around in my life :candle:

nbp

Flashaholic
There is a thread in collection subforum called "how much is your torch collection worth"? Maybe give that one a look and bump it up if you so choose.

My post in that one is no longer accurate. I just did a quick check and I'd say that I'm in about $2000 in lights and parts. :eek: I will say though, a fourth of that is just one light. I don't really keep track of batteries, that's a smallish amount compared to the lights.

I feel not so good now. :sigh:

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im somewhere around $800 to $900 just on lights. More when you consider batteries, chargers, and other accessories.

Last edited:

CPFBiology

Enlightened
My point is not to make any feel bad. You may have spent a lot of money on LEDs/flashlights, but it relates back to my other thread: Do LED lights make you happy?
:awman:
If you're only spending a few grand, like $2000, you're obviously NOT spending enough. :buddies:

You can spend more, because lights make you happy, or they entertain you, give you something to focus on that takes away a bit of pain in your life.

So, I didn't mean to make anyone feel bad. Don't feel bad. You can spend more if it takes away a bit of emotional suffering or mental or physical suffering (e.g. keeps you physically safe, able to get home safely/see your way, scare off animals etc.)

fizzwinkus

Newly Enlightened
2006 Surefire L2 ~170
2008? Glotoob Lithium White ~2x50
2009 Surefire Lx2 ~150
2009 Eagletac M2SC4 ~130
2010 SabreWolf Chimera Mini ~475
2010 Surefire Saint Minimus ~130

i've basically stopped completely now too
total: ~1,155 over about five years

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the last 12 months it's been about $1,500 on lights, batteries and chargers.

In the next 12 months it will be about the same. There's always new stuff coming out and your priorities change.

don.gwapo

Enlightened
Around um..... um..... I don't know I forgot. Don't even think about for how much i've spent. The important thing is my lights gave me joy and best of all they are very useful on my work.

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
No thats a stock 6P LED (KX4), down here in Australia Surefire prices are severely over-inflated and no retailers from abroad are able to export their surefires to Australia :shakehead

So this will be my first and last surefire but I'll upgrade the LED's when they bring them out over the coming years (don't think I'll be getting any malkoff's)

There may be a Malkoff dealer in operation in Brisbane soon. Just waiting for them to get the nod.