220V AC "Y" adapter?

kramer5150

Flashaholic
I am looking for a single-M to dual-F 220V adapter cable.... so I can power a washer + drier off the same socket (not at the same time however).

Does such a thing exist?

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
What I would do would be to run a second outlet in a second box pigtailed out of the first one, but I am not an electrician.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am looking for a single-M to dual-F 220V adapter cable.... so I can power a washer + drier off the same socket (not at the same time however).

Does such a thing exist?

no, there are no y220v on sale in us.
for a reason, that 220v is not standard voltage in us, also by law 220 appliance require dedicated circuit with 2 breakers, 1 for each phase.
assuming you wont be turning washer and drier at the same time, you could build one yourself, all you need is a 2 gang box, 2 220v outlets, some wire, and wire nuts, and a male plug. very easy thing to do, may be 10-15min, at most, everything can be found in home depot, or most hardware stores. or better yet, replace your 1 outlet box in the wall for dual gang box with 2 outlets. (keep in mind normally pro electricians wont do it, they will run a separate line for second outlet, with separate breakers, by law they can't install 2 220v outlets on 1 set of breakers. granted laws are not the same in all states, your might be different.
assuming you are talking about 2 horizontal blades plug, and not twist lock plug.

Last edited:

mahoney

Enlightened
You could get a "molded two-fer without connectors" from a theatrical lighting supplier and put your own male and female plugs on.