Ever Dream About A Flashlight ??

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
My first flashlight dream was last night. I keep a Mag 2C modded with 4 x 123 batteries and a Carley 809 bulb in the glove compartment of my car. In my dream I needed a flashlight. I opened the glove box, pulled out the light, and turned it on. Jeez! Very little light was coming out. The beam was a grey color. I shook the light, and that seemed to help a little. I remember asking myself if a cell was reversed and I needed new ones -- or if I could make it brighter by shaking it more. I think that was where I woke up. I don't know whether I ever got the thing to work right.

Please, no psychoanalysis on this one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Paul

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Re: Ever Dream About A Flashlight??

I almost put this entry in the "You know you're a flashaholic when......" thread but thought better of it.

When I was early on in my battle with the kidney stone I just had and pain management hadn't been mastered, I was having a lot of strange drug and fever induced dreams whenever I could get to sleep. Mostly I would focus on work and mods in progress in some bent and absurd point of reference or concern.

I did have one really strange dream where there was an animated movie being made starring flashlights. I can't recall how I fit in but Bernadett Peters (sp) was auditioning for the voice of an Arc LSH-P. I awoke from this dream to find a totally soaked set of sheets and pillow from sweat! Ever see a Betty Boop cartoon?

Short answer: Yes

- Don

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast

a few months ago when i was anxiously waiting for an arc LSH-P i'd just bought from jollyroger to arrive, it got to the point where i was addicted to the imaginery feel of the light and its beam even before i'd gotten it. i dreamt i woke up, grabbed my keys and made my way downstairs to the mailbox, opened it up and found a brown envelope with the telltale bulge in it. i dreamt i ripped open the package, took out the arc LSH-P, and i could vividly remember feeling the weight, texture and size of the light.

just then i woke up at around the same time i dreamt i woke up, so i grabbed my keys and made my way downstairs to the mailbox, opened it up and there was no brown envelope with my arc LSH-P inside. blah /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

anyway i did get the arc LSH-P in the end, and boy was i glad when it arrived! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

I just had a dream last night that I had an Assault & Batteries barrel attached to my Space Needle II. I remember putting the light over my left shoulder, whapping the barrel in my hand, and shooting it at something.
At this point, the dream becomes unclear so I don't know what I did after that.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

great stories! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

for whatever reason, i was on vacation with the people from friends (you know, rachel, monica, joey, ross, phebie, and chandler), we were at some sort of skii lodge, and i was lodging with the 3 females. this part isn't of any particular relevance, but i thought it was a rather entertaining dream /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif
anyway, i then recall my mother coming in, while jennifer and i were putting on our ski boots, and handing me a surefire 10x, saying "is this any good? i found it at goodwill for $8"

the dream ends there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

jtice

Flashaholic

Ive hard about 3 or 4 so far.
None that I can really remmember now.

Basically I was modding somehing on a lathe once, the others, I was in the woods, aith some BRIGHT lights.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
jtice said:
...Basically I was modding somehing on a lathe once...

[/ QUOTE ]

were you naked? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

jtice

Flashaholic

No roth, not in THAT dream.

Besides, I think YOU are the only one that lathes naked! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif