• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTS: *PRICE DROP* Surefire M3 LEGO Custom Body SST-50 GD3000 Driver Z48 Tailcap

Slickseth

Newly Enlightened
M3_SST50_angle.jpg

M3_SST50_reflector.jpg

M3_SST50_Whole.jpg

M3_SST50_half_tactical.jpg

M3_SST50_apart.jpg

M3_SST50_Beamshot.jpg

M3_SST50_bezel_nick.jpg

Z46 Bezel (HA III Natural)
C body to M head adapter
C head "zero p" body
A19 body extender (1x123)
Tactical body extender (1x123)
Z48 Tailcap (HA III Natural)
MCR38 Reflector
SST-50 Emitter (SST-50-W65S-F21-GJ100) Estimated 900 Lumens @ 3A
GD3000 3Amp Driver (triple stack of GD1000 drivers)
***This light is designed for single cell Li-ion batteries. Using two li-ion cells WILL damage the driver***
Light engine:
Solid aluminum slug. I machine a pedestal on the slug which seats the emitter perfectly and allows for optimal thermal transfer between the emitter and the heatsink. Arctic Alumina thermal epoxy is used to bond the surfaces, and to pot the wiring to the emitter.
A bronze cylinder houses the driver stack. The negative contact of the driver is soldered directly to the internal surface of the bronze. This bronze cylinder becomes the negative contact for the light engine. This section is pressed into the aluminum slug.
Driver:
The driver consists of three GD1000 drivers from the Sandwich Shoppe, stacked in a "triple Whopper" configuration. This stack bucks/boosts the battery current and delivers 3Amps to the emitter. Battery current seems to be limited to around 5A.
Adapters/Body:
The M head to C body adapter is machined out of 6061 aluminum. This mates the M3 head with the C-head section. This section is basically a c-head with c-tailcap threads, but no body length between. This allows body extenders to be used as the body. The main body consists of two 123-sized body sections which have been bored to accept 18mm diameter cells. With both sections installed, the light will run a protected 18650, With just one section installed, the light will fit a protected 18350.
Runtime:
Runtime on a 2900mah 18650 cell should be around 40 minutes. Runtime on a protected 18350 cell should be around 15 minutes. These are only estimates.
Beamshot:
The beamshot was taken with an automatic setting, so the actual intensity is not portrayed. The purpose of the beamshot is to depict the smoothness and distribution of the beam pattern.
Condition:
The bezel ring has a small nick in the anodizing. It came this way. Its barely noticeable, but thought it was worth mentioning. I planned on upgradeing to a titanium bezel eventually, so it didnt bother me.

PRICE $400 shipped in the U.S., Int'l shipping extra.
PRICE DROPPED: $350 shipped in the U.S., Int'l shipping extra.
PRICE DROPPED: $325 shipped in the U.S., Int'l shipping extra.
PRICE DROPPED: $300 shipped in the U.S., Int'l shipping extra.

PM with any questions.
PM for Paypal info.

Last edited:

Slickseth

Newly Enlightened
Bump. Gotta get this light sold! I'm open to offers. I'll even throw in a one of my premium Panasonic 2900mah 18650 cells (with protection circuit and black shrink-wrap added) for no additional charge.

Slickseth

Newly Enlightened
Price lowered to $300 shipped. You'll never find a light of this caliber any cheaper!