EverLED Problem in PT20 & PT40?????

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently acquired a EverLED to use in my PT 20 or PT 40. However, the light simply does not light up in either light. I swapped out the existing bulb in a Mag 2D and the EverLED unit works fine in that, but for some strange reason, I can't get the PT to fire it up.

My PTs are older models (+-3 years old or so). Has anyone else had a problem with older PT Models and EverLED compatability???

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Check the polarity of your lights!!!! Evidently some lights are wired backwards, which is no big deal with an incadesent bulb. Hope you haven't blown the EverLED!

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pi_is_blue,

Yes I believe they do, but I don't think that means they work with reverse polarity. I think it just means it won't totally ruin the EverLED. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Pi_is_blue

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's what I thought. In that case, couldn't you just switch the batteries in the Tec 20/40 (- to + and + to -) to get it to work?

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well that sounds kindof risky, any other way I can figure that out without ruining the EverLED?

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Remove the bulb and use a volt meter (multimeter) to check the polarity at the socket. The outside of the socket should be negative and the center (base) should be positive.

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Roy,

Thanks. I'll give it a shot tonight. If the polarity is reversed and I blew up my new EverLED, I'll be.... well mad.

MSax

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Important note: IF you put the everled in the Mag after you had it in the Tec 20 and Tec 40, it has the reverse polarity protection. All bets are off, if you put it in the Mag first.

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another Note: IF you are attempting to use NiCad or NiMH in thoe Princeton Tec lights, THAT might be the problem - battery contact strip in bottom of light body (thoughtless engineers).