A world without CPF?

brett09

Newly Enlightened
What would you do if you got on the PC to visit CPF, it were no longer there? An instant 404 for all of the Candlepower sites? Gone, and seemingly never to return?

I for one wouldn't know what to do with my free time anymore. I also figure I'd start to lose interest in the hobby slowly. For me all of the reviews, research, discussion, and learning found on CPF is half of the fun in the hobby. I suppose losing the Marketplace would be good for the bank account though. Haha

Just a random bedtime thought I had before going to sleep. :tired:

How would you cope?

91FromStars

Newly Enlightened
My reaction would first be one of great disappointment. Then would come uncertainty. How would I decide what light to buy? I ordered a SF E2E this afternoon. Several weeks of reading on CPF concerning the light preceded my decision. I would definitely appreciate the knowledge I have acquired from reading the threads. I already do.
At least I would be more likely to use my existing lights without the distraction of new ones, and flashlight funds would be diverted to savings.

Dances with Flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
What would I do?

Abandon the computer and sit by the window in my rocking chair, rocking faster and faster in a manic state until the swelling in my brain steps down my neurological system into a state of clinical depression, after which time I would stare aimlessly out the window, hour after hour, while subconsciously blasting away at the neighbor's house until all the batteries in all my lights are totally drained and my fingers are burnt to a crisp.

ASheep

Enlightened
I'd have a similar reaction to Dances with Flashlight, except as I don't own any barn-burners, I'd just be rocking while caressing some sweet titanium-y goodness.

My girlfriend would be happy though... Until I remembered that the EDC forums exist... :devil:

I don't think there are many things that could replace CPF on the internet though, it's just far too valuable as a knowledge-base.

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Phew! I got "Database error: Could not connect" twice just now trying to reply.

What? CPF can't be down...
No! The other ones aren't working!
Must be a problem with my internet...
At least I'll get homework done.
And I can always ask fellow flashaholics about lights...

1wrx7

Enlightened
It would be a dark day indeed.... sorry... I couldn't resist.....