M60F in L2m - 2-mode possible?

barnefko

Newly Enlightened
Hi
I EDC a Solarforce L2m with a M60F in it, using RCR123 and a MG-PLI forward clickie in the tailcap.

Do you guys have any idea how i can make it going 2-mode?

I was thinking of a tailcap mod as the malkoff resistor ring probably not going to work - is it?

Is there a surefire tailcap for the 6P series thats working like the ones in the L1( you knoe soft press for low and hard press for high..)

I would have bought an L1 but i do need the flood and reliability of the M60F.

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

Last edited:

barnefko

Newly Enlightened
Okay, but no way i'm gonna lay hand on my M60F - not going to mod it.

How do you think i can install the two-mode driver - in the clickie?

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay, but no way i'm gonna lay hand on my M60F - not going to mod it.

How do you think i can install the two-mode driver - in the clickie?

DX sells a clicky that would allow such a mod , you could solder a resistor to one of the output legs and have High and low ...

Just what value resistor ?

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did a search , 1 or 2 ohm resistor should lower output ..

I already have a clicky with said switch , ill see if I can make it two mode ..
Be interesting just to see .... as I have a single mode drop in .

barnefko

Newly Enlightened
Hi

thx for the suggestion - i have a 1ohm resistor at home and some of the clickies you mentioned. I'll see what i can do....

But in terms of reliability i'd love to see a solution with a surefire tailcap -> possible?

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi

thx for the suggestion - i have a 1ohm resistor at home and some of the clickies you mentioned. I'll see what i can do....

But in terms of reliability i'd love to see a solution with a surefire tailcap -> possible?

Which tailcap ? If your talking the twisty one , it would need a complete re-build I think

barnefko

Newly Enlightened
The Surefire L1 for example - it's got the perfect ui. Soft press low, hard press high, twist for permanently on.

PLayed around with resistors last night. I think this will be the option i go with as there are not gonna be additional costs for me. I'll post pictures when done

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
let me save yi=ou some trouble....The original L2 tailcap has traces on the PCB for an SMD resistor.....

DX and KD have two stage switches that fit on the PCB...but at my latest purchases the switches are Level1-off-level2-off

there is another way too....get a spiderfire click switch (from ebay) this one has the 2 stage resistor already installed and jump wires the level2 mode to on....the PCB trace is for a regular resistor, though i do not think if it will fit a 1/2 watt one...0.125 and 0.250W are OK....