Anyone try this New Super-Lux Flashlight

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone have one of these:

112477.jpg

http://www.brookstone.com/shop/product.asp?product_code=403113

NEW Super-Lux Flashlight

Brookstone sku # 403113

Super-white LED is 10 times more powerful than a standard LED and makes this flashlight ideal for any situation. Operates on a single watt of power, providing an exceptionally long battery life. Efficient LED technology lasts up to 100,000 hours of continuous use. Nonslip, anodized aluminum casing is water-resistant and provides excellent durability. Carry strap prevents droppage and allows for hanging. Easy, one-button operation. Uses two lithium batteries (included).

PRICE: $50.00
In Stock

It looks like a possible EDC, but I wonder how well the switch works, and is the light as GREEN as the photo indicates. Anyone have personal experience to share?

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL! Funny you mention this light now. I was going to post about it yesterday but didn't get around to it. Anyways, I saw this light Monday when I went to Charleston,SC at Brookstone. It looks like a smaller alternative to the SL 3aa Luxeon Task light. I tried to turn it on at the store buy i don't think batteries were in it. My wife and I are going to Charleston again Sept. 12-15 and depending on our vacation budget, I may pick this light up. I plan on taking some 123's with me to try the light out in the store, mainly so i don't get a greenie, if i am able to buy one.

I did get to play with the 3c led light(6 leds + 1 in the center w/focused reflector/optic. I really couldn't tell how bright it was but I do know it was extremely smooth!

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's gotta be a Nuwai light (like the SL TT's) in Lux form. Same strap also. Looks like a nice compact light, price is not bad either.

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know if this light has a focus adjustment like the TL LED SLs do ?

I love to see those prices dropping on good quality lights.

ledaholic

Enlightened
I have one. It's not a bad light, a little on the green side. It is not regulated and does not focus, It uses two 123a batts. It is built very well, all aluminum, and is priced reasonably for a 1 watt luxeon. It makes a good glove box light.

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish Brightguy, or others, would pick up on this (and similar lights), they might be selling for $ 30 or so.

A one watt Lux, of great quality would be something. A nod to the Streamlight 3AA Task light one watt Lux, which IS selling for about $ 30 is deserved......

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
ledaholic:

Is the switch any good? Any momentary on feature? Can it stand up in candle mode? Any guess how wide the head is?
Are you glad that you bought it?

TIA
Stainless

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
Yes it is made by Nuwai, just like all of the SL TT lights. BTW, the example of this light I saw at a local Brookstone had by far the greenest 1W LS I have ever seen! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sick.gif It was horrible!

The salesman saw me looking at it and asked me if I had any questions (ya right, like he could answer them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif More like the other way around). I pulled out my MM+ w/ Q3L and educated him!!!

NightStorm

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
LEDmodMan said:
Yes it is made by Nuwai, just like all of the SL TT lights. BTW, the example of this light I saw at a local Brookstone had by far the greenest 1W LS I have ever seen! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sick.gif It was horrible!

The salesman saw me looking at it and asked me if I had any questions (ya right, like he could answer them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif More like the other way around). I pulled out my MM+ w/ Q3L and educated him!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

After I modded my mine (see previously posted link), I went back to the Brookstone were I bought it and showed the employees a proper Luxeon. Needless to say the R2H HD thoroughly stomped the Q1K LD that these lights come with. Now I find myself patiently waiting the release of dat2zip's one-sided DownBoys, so I can take this project to the next level (500ma, dual-function main switch for brightness level, clickie in the tail cap). Should be stellar. Later.

Dan