Recommendations for buying a JetBeam in Shanghai/Beijing

lloydh

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I'm currently on a study scheme in Shanghai and hope to pick up a JetBeam RRT-0 while I'm out here. Any recommendations for places to visit?

I'm also travelling on to Beijing, so recommendations there would be most welcome as well.

Thanks.

adept1

Newly Enlightened
I get the feeling that most of these high-priced Chinese lights are for the export market. I've never actually seen any for sale in China, but I think your best bet is to check the Chinese flashlight forum www.shoudian.com.

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm currently on a study scheme in Shanghai and hope to pick up a JetBeam RRT-0 while I'm out here. Any recommendations for places to visit?

I have traveled through China a little bit too and I agree with what others said about flashlight shopping there. Good luck! Some items made in China that we take for granted like high quality flashlights are very hard to find there. If you can find them, they most likely will be more expensive compared to the prices in the US. That applies to almost any "luxury item" made in China and available in the US.

I will be going to Shanghai too this fall and I probably won't go out of my way to go shopping because of everything I'm interested in being just too hard to find and too expensive compared to home in the US.

I'd welcome any additional comments from CPF members in China though.

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
im in shanghai. i've never seen any quality flashlights anywhere. usually if it's anything brand name or premium it'll cost more than the u.s. even if it originated from china.

Latest posts