4 Single D-Cell lights. Driving a 1 watt Lux.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like advice on 4 Single D-Cell lights. I need advice but first, here is the purpose behind them.

I will buy some of those adapters that alow a 1 for 1 substitution for a Single D-Cell. With this I will be able to use D, C, AA, and AAA batteries.

Portability is not much of a Factor as they will all be car or home based lights.

Purpose: To have a use for for loose single 1.5 volt batteries. Many items use three batteries but the batteries come in even numbered packs, I also seem to accumulate loose batteries that will no longer perform satisfactorily in other items.

I also like to keep my hands off of my carry lights while at home in order to have them fully ready for when I am not at home. I do think it is more important for carry lights to have fresh batteries then home lights.

These lights will keep me off of my serious use lights for mundane tasks.
------------------------------------------------------------
I find that the Micro Illumiator is bright enough for many practical uses for a light but not all. That being said. I want a list of four circuits that meet the following criteria.

1. A circuit driving a 1 watt Lux as bright as can be without being impractical off of a single 1.5 volt cell.

2. A compromise effient circuit that can drain the battery further than circuit #1 can. Compromise between brightness and effciency leaning on the bright side.

3. Same as 2, A compromise circuit but leaning slightly to the how low can you drain a battery.

4. A curcuit that will draw the last bit of life out a a battery while being at least Arc-AAA bright.
-----------------------------------------------------------
I think the lights should be of different colors so that I know what light does what. What 4 circuits would you use if you had four single cell 1.5 volt lights not meant for portability.
------------------------------------------------------------
For those who say that this will not be a bright light for its size, I know it will not be. But I have brighter lights all over the place for when bright is needed. I will still use my other lights, this is just to keep me off of them when thier output is not needed and to save the number of batteries going to the dump.