• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FOR SALE: The inimitable DEFT HO

artec540

Enlightened
I can ONLY accept responses, questions or offers by e-mail to:
ON Prices include shipping to destinations within the US and any Paypal fees.

SOLD, Thank you

DEFT:

OMG DEFT HO. One of only 19 of this particular variant made. Generally accepted as the ultimate thrower and certainly a formidable projector, especially considering its comparatively diminutive size, only 7.6 inches long and with a 3.1 inch diameter crenelated bezel. The original buyer quoted the maker's note to him with delivery as follows:

"To me the size, the use of only 4 x AA batteries and the incredible throw makes it superior to anything else out there! The following is the email I got from Michael on this light.

"I officially marked yours in the books as 180K lux which is above average but I have to say it actually was one of the best performers I have had. At turn-on it hit 200K and settled around 190 for around 20-30 seconds and then came down to about 185 where it stayed until the test was concluded. I was impressed by yours because it has a characteristic I like but which is hard to find. Keep in mind that since I make these lenses there is a fair amount of variance. Anyway I was surprised to see it had the highest center beam intensity that I have recorded yet, instead of just the peak beam intensity and it did this while having a "softer", more rounded beam. Many find this more pleasing."

The price of a DEFT depends on how much the buyer wants one, since they are so rare. I paid $495 for this one and I'd like to get my money back.

DSC_0578.jpg

DSC_0576_2.jpg

DSC_0577_2.jpg

I can ONLY accept responses, questions or offers by e-mail to:

Last edited:

lisantica

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great seller bump! I've purchased from artec540 before and will do so in the future. Best to you on your sale! :twothumbs

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
Free bump for the DEFT!

I have NO idea why I waited so long to buy mine! A must have and one that I will not let go of any time soon! I love mine!

Not only a crowd pleaser, but a real world user too! If one was so unimpressed with it, not sure why, they could always resell it.

I LOVE mine. Did I mention that?

BUY it!

Dan

Flyflash

Newly Enlightened
I think this light is sold. I sent an e-mail to him saying I would take it, but he responded back that he was just waiting for the money from one guy, and if that did not pan out, he had another waiting to buy it. I was #3:(

luvmyyorkie

Newly Enlightened
ARTEC540 IS SUPER, thank you for the DEFT!

I am the lucky buyer of ARTEC540's DEFT HO and was overwhelmed last week upon its arrival. The shipping was fast and the packaging was incredible--overkill is one way to describe ARTEC's proficiency and care in packing. Actually I bought this light together with three others from him and look forward to buying more lights from him in the future.

ARTEC540 rightly suspected that I was overbuying :), all I can say is, "What fun!"

So, when I contacted him to ask permission to use his original FS thread in offering this retina burning beauty up for sale, he could not have been more gracious. And BTW--two of the four lights that he sold to me last week have be "re-homed," and the new owners are as happy with his lights as I was. Meanwhile my shelf and cupboard space is not quite so crowded (for the moment) with lights, and my wife is smiling more :) and thats nice. Just kidding! She always smiles at me!!! Well, maybe not always.

Thanks again, ARTEC540.

Kind Regards,
Mike