Just wanted to say hello...

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

EchoSierraTwo

Did a couple of things so far. 1) I purchased a Arc-LSH-P, Arc-LS: Nylon LS Carry and a Arc-LS: TSP-2AA Power Pack. 2) Joined these forums. Since the blackout last Thursday, I have been doing research on personal flashlights and in particular LED based ones (TechTV did some reviews on some some time back). I got caught with my panst down on that day. I read about the Arc and knew right away that this was the best in it's class. Bit pricey, but I thoroughly subscribe to the theory that you get what you pay for, so I will be more that happy to dish out the greenbacks for what I hope is a GREAT light. Hope to learn tons of knowledge here and maybe dish some out when I grow up some /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF! (it's funny--me saying that--I'm pretty new myself)

I think you'll love your Arc. I love mine, and also my Arc AAA (my first). I think that this is the best forum on the internet. Glad you said "hello" and good luck.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
You'll find a lot of different options available in all sorts of price ranges!! Different lights for different tasks, but you should certainly consider some lights with long runtimes for your "kit"! (eternaLights, Lightwaves, Opalec Newbeam drop in for a MiniMag, CMG Infinity, ARC AAA, PALight...and on and on)

Lithium batteries will give you a "10 year" shelf life - perfect for that torch that you "have to count on" in a time of need or disaster!

I'm trying to limit my collection to torches that use common batteries now. Yes, I've got some that use the little button cells, but in a pinch are you going to be able to get those? If you're using common cells, you may be able to "cannibalize" a radio or GPS or spare remote control in an emergency...

Lots of info here, welcome aboard and hope you enjoy this world of torch information!! BTW, you'll find that you're going to need several torches...better start saving the pennies!

E

EchoSierraTwo

<font color="blue"> BTW, you'll find that you're going to need several torches...better start saving the pennies! </font>

<font color="green"> I kinda realized that, so I am starting to save them. You do have a point about the commonality of regular cells and I a way I agree with you, but last Thursday proved that even that was hard to come by (in a pinch) and expensive even (gougers). I was wipped out at home. So I now keep a box or so for the just incase situation. Also with the battery bonanza that surefire is having and the considerable shelf life that the 123s have it makes sense to stock up on those puppies, so that is what i have done. My batteries, pouch and AA Tail kit should arrive tomorrow. Hopefully the Arc on that day or shortly there after. </font>

Status
Not open for further replies.