• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired P60 Quad XPG Drop-in, Silver plater copper heatsink.

VanIsleDSM

Enlightened
Some may have seen my thread here:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/267366

This drop-in was the first prototype for the silver plated copper version. The LEDs are soldered directly do the 99.9% pure copper heatsink, and then plated in 99.9% pure silver.

These copper ones won't be available for quite some time, if they ever are, because of how much work is involved. Still trying to refine the manufacturing tecnique to make it viable to provide to CPFers.

Wire is mil-spec silver plated teflon insulated. Two 24 gauge conductors for + and four 26 gauge conductors for -.

The LEDs are clamped down, to ensure the solder layer is as thin as possible, and reflowed directly to the silver plated heatsink with a special process that I had to design and build a machine to complete. Because of the thermal mass of the heatsink, to reflow LEDs to it, it must not only have actively controlled closed loop heating, but cooling also.

Precision machined heatsink guaranteed to fit snug in a genuine surefire host with a base thickness (area under LEDs before the driver) of over 7.5mm, over half the thickness of the entire piece. Standard drop-ins have about a 3mm base.

Driver with separate channel for each LED, so they all receive the same current, maximizing efficiency and brightness. This is not your typical single cell multi-die parallel drive.

Low battery indicator. When on HI, and low battery is detected (2.75v), light will automatically switch to low, and blink off periodically. This is disabled with a single mode unit.

Driver configurable upon order for different mode groups,
5 mode: Low(200mA) - Med (1280mA) - High (4200mA) - Strobe - SOS
3 mode: Low(200mA) - Med (1280mA) - High (4200mA)
3 mode: Low(400mA) - High (4200mA) - Strobe
2 mode: Low(400mA) - High (4200mA)
1 mode: High (4200mA)

Pure silver plated beryllium copper ground spring with 24K gold plated contact area

24K gold plated positive contact

10 degree FWHM quad optic

This unit has R4 flux neutral 4000K XPGs with an unusual high Vf of around 3.8V. This unit is not suitable for drive by a single Li-Ion cell, as it will not reach full brightness.

I am not experienced in using NiMh, but from what I've read, it seems that 4 would be about perfect for the voltage input. Alternatively, using a switching buck voltage regulator set to 4-4.5V you could drive it with many different power sources. The tint is beautiful, and it's unfortunately the the Vf is too high to rule out single Li-Ion use, but I hope somebody has a setup that can put this to use.

No driver installed yet, I will install whichever type is requested by the buyer.

Special offer for this high Vf version, if I ever make more, they'll be about $300, this prototype, with some scracted on the silver plated surface from testing fitment will be....

1350 Raw lumen minimum output 4.2A driver, any mode group $180

1660 Raw lumen minimum output 5.6A driver, any mode group $195

Shipping $10 to USA, $13 Inernational

I'll offer this to people on the interest list that was created through the thread I posted at the top. Highest on the list will have first dibs, if nobody on the list is interested after 3 days, whoever else may have it.

Add a FETtie solid state 12A+ switch for $28, check the thread for more info on that.

Aluminum versions ready for everyone real quick.

List:

Kestrel
PolarBearX
dirtech
BigHonu
ptolemy
icaruz
arek98
Bimmerboy
bshanahan14rulz
J-FRAME
Noctis
LightJaguar
one2tim
Chrontius
kodama
smokelaw1
Chevy-SS
netprince
mvyrmnd
flashfiend
euroken
don.gwapo
Davey
h22
thaflash_la
edelbrock
daimleramg
TomInOregon
TSWrench
Gryffin
merdock69
Chrontius
gostanova
EvilPaul2112
Tedfs
pee10755
nfetterly
bullettproof
yalskey
ftumch33
psychbeat
RedfishBluefish
rrt0000
bigchelis
blackdragonx1186
powerup93
edek130
icaruz
LightJunk
Raoul_Duke

Last edited:

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
:takeit: (if no one ahead of me wants it...)

Add a FETtie solid state 12A+ switch for $28, check the thread for more info on that.

In an unusual step for me I didn't go with the highest power (HEAT!)

ptolemy

Enlightened
:takeit: (if no one ahead of me wants it...)

In an unusual step for me I didn't go with the highest power (HEAT!)
What did you do to Neale ????? No way he settles for 2nd highest. hehe!

VanIsleDSM

Enlightened
I forgot to post the pic that I bothered to take, haha.

CIMG0111.jpg

If nobody ahead of you has interest it's yours nfetterly.

Noctis

Enlightened
Beamshots?:popcorn:

I feel tempted, but the little caveat with the "no single cell" has kind of got me down since I only have a 6P host, and would need a 9P host in order to avoid sacrificing runtime/output. Plus I seemed to have picked the perfect time of the month to buy a new katana:banghead:.

andyfrasier

Enlightened
Hi, can I be added to list above? Or get on the list of people waiting for the people on the first list to drop off? Bottom line, I want to be on a list.

I would really like the spec listed below.

1 mode: High (4200mA)
1660 Raw lumen minimum output 5.6A driver, any mode group $195
Add a FETtie solid state 12A+ switch for $28
International Shipping $13

Would love to see a beam shot.

Andy

l2azorback

Newly Enlightened
Pls add me to the list. 3-mode (no strobe) higher lumen output with the switch.

Thanks,

Larry

Last edited:

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm #16 on that list, but like a lot of folks, the no-single cell thing kills me. In a lower Vf model, would a single AW 18650 (non IMR) run the 1660 lumen beast? If so, I will ABSOLUTELY buy that guy in two mode, high-low.

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Van,

Just a quick amatuer question. When you say not suitable for single li-ion, do you mean "can't" run it on single li-ion or just best used with two li-ion but single is ok? If single is ok but not great to use, does that mean IMR only for 5.6A driver? If the latter, what is the voltage range?

Thanks...I'm interested...

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm #16 on that list, but like a lot of folks, the no-single cell thing kills me. In a lower Vf model, would a single AW 18650 (non IMR) run the 1660 lumen beast? If so, I will ABSOLUTELY buy that guy in two mode, high-low.

Yeah same question here...

ptolemy

Enlightened
Hey Van,

Just a quick amatuer question. When you say not suitable for single li-ion, do you mean "can't" run it on single li-ion or just best used with two li-ion but single is ok? If single is ok but not great to use, does that mean IMR only for 5.6A driver? If the latter, what is the voltage range?

Thanks...I'm interested...

I believe it's same principle as other multi node drop-in
it will run, but you will not get max output.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
I believe it's same principle as other multi node drop-in it will run, but you will not get max output.
I don't think this is correct, but we'll need VIDSM's clarification on this. What I'm thinking in particular: two LiIons may be too much for this module?

Last edited:

ptolemy

Enlightened
I don't think this is correct, but we'll need VIDSM's clarification on this. What I'm thinking in particular: two LiIons may be too much for this module?
indeed, as I based my statement of his statement in red. where he did not say, it will not fire up at all, just not reach full brightness.