Got a new flashlight, batteries aren't here yet.

Ifrit

Newly Enlightened
So i ordered a new flashlight, it's powered by 1 18650. I ordered the batteries from DX at the same time and they haven't arrived yet, but the light has. I also purchased a PILA charger and 1 AW18650 about a week ago(obviously a different site), they haven't even shipped yet. My question here is, I want to know that my flashlight is functioning properly, is there any way to test it? I only have 14500s at my disposal right now. And some aa and aaa primaries.

Just hoping the only answer isn't "patience" :/ I have none! I have a new light i want to use!!!

Oh yeah, the light is direct drive according to the description.

KarstGhost

Enlightened
Ahh so close, yet so far away. Check and see if it will run off 2 primary Cr123 batteries. I'm not positive, but it seems like most lights that run off 1 18650 will run off 2 cr123's. It might not be safe to run the light using them for extended periods of time, but you could at least check out your light that way.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
whoa! don't go putting 2xCR123s in if the light is rated at 4.2v maximum input voltage.

What light did you get?

ruriimasu

Enlightened
yes, dont put in 2 cr123s if yours is max 4.2V.. it will go :poof: as it happened with mine.

chris23

Newly Enlightened
I feel your pain, brand new flashlight and no batteries to play with it!, sorry I don't know any solutions, besides telling us what make/model light you ordered and then take nice pictures of it and post up here so we can all stare at it:eek:

Pericles

Newly Enlightened
Why not make up a short (15mm) spacer from a bolt or the like? Wrap it in tape so it doesn't touch the barrel then use it with your 14500 cell.
Peri