streamlite 4 aa

raggie33

*the raggedier*
how is this light in brightness?compared to a maglight 2 d?

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Apples and oranges... The Mag, being adjustable in focus, can produce a tighter beam with greater throw. The Streamlight 4 AA LED sends out a directional flood of light. Even focusing the mag out to a flood type beam isn't a good comparison since the mag will have "rings and holes" where the Streamlight will produce an even flood weighted toward the center... It depends on what you need....

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's like the difference between a flourescent light and a regular light bulb. I own the SL 4AA and really like it. I get good white light for close up work, reminds me of those flourescent lights mechanics use for working on cars. The kind that has a hook that you hang on the hood or underneath.
Works extremely well for indoors. Take the 2D M*g and open it up for its widest flood setting. Then imagine if the light was white, even, and brighter!
I also have a Lightwave 2000 and 2 PT Attitudes, they have 4 and 3 leds respectively. The SL is brighter than them individually, and maybe collectively.
Do a search on these forums for the SL, there was an issue about them heating up but I think its been resolved.
When I need a light and size and pocketability is not an issue, I will grab my SL. Plus it stands on end for use in "candle" mode, to light up a room.
I like it but I'm sure there are those with the opposite view, always good to hear both sides before deciding. I have one of the older models I think and have never had any issues with it, but have also never run it for more than 10-15 minutes at a time.

JJHitt

Enlightened
The 4AA Pro-Polymer is one of the best bang for the buck lights out there. Not perfect, but extremely good deal for the price.

One of my favorite lights from the moment I took it out of the box.

Pi_is_blue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here you go:
{D717332F-9721-48E4-BA3F-9818DBAB440B}lg.jpg

The 3C 10 LED light should have similar output to the 4AA 7 LED light. These pictures really show the difference in the beams.

jtice

Flashaholic
glad to see my beamshots doing some good. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I would imagine the 3C has a similar beam pattern, but i would think it is brighter than the 4AA.

P.S. that is an old pic, without the text on the bottom.

NOTE: the Arc LSH-P is NOT green like that. (darn camera) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif