Do people invite Flashlight Manufacturers into CPF

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Do people invite Flashlight Manufacturers into

JonSidneyB,

I don't understand your question. But I would think that flashlight manufacturers lurk here. There's valuable information for them . . . if they're open to information.

Paul

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast

JonSidneyB. You know we do invite them. Is it a good idea? I think so, if they have an open mind. Eternalight and PALlight are members here. CMG lurks here. Photon knows about us.

Can anyone think of any others?

I think we can discount Gongz, of course.

Greta

Flashaholic

Flashlight manufacturers are more than welcome at CPF! Several have contacted me for the rate structure for advertising but as you can see, only Surefire and ARC and Elektrolumens have ponied up. Manufacturers are offered their own forum just like ARC and Elektrolumens but again, none have taken me up on it. Funny how the ones who CAN afford it, aren't interested in supporting us. Guess in this aspect, we do know who we can count on to keep CPF going for all of us to enjoy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif to ALL of our sponsors!!

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

[ QUOTE ]
sunspot said:
Can anyone think of any others?

[/ QUOTE ]
Dorcy also has a representative here, thanks to another CPFer.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks Craig. I also remember that we had a Brinkmann worker here but not as a company rep.

Kiessling

Flashaholic

when I look at the focus of this forum and on the technologies discussed and even produced here, I can understand the average manufacturer for not joining this board.
how would he look? no chance against Arc or SF and the like, and way behind our modders.
IMHO the level of fanatism here automatically excludes standard manufacturers.

so, in the end it is not a good idea to invite them since they would be sub-standard and wouldn't have anything worth to contribute and might get beaten often. and then it would be on YOU to explain to them why you invited them at all ...

bernhard

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast

Petzl is represented. Not all Manufacturer representation is of the sponsoring type. Some are official via an employee as member, while others are unofficial via the same method. Of course many lurk for product ideas.

If manufacturers pay attention to CPF and use the data to improve their products, so much the better for everyone.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast

I know for sure that 1 manufacturer isn't visiting here... heck there's been no improvements in their products for the past what decade or two, or even more? No names mentioned, but I'm sure we all know... not that they'd be too welcome here anyways!!

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Stanley said:
I know for sure that 1 manufacturer isn't visiting here... heck there's been no improvements in their products for the past what decade or two, or even more? No names mentioned, but I'm sure we all know... not that they'd be too welcome here anyways!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmm, how do you know that they are not visiting CPF? they might visit us, they just don't take the idea and stick with their old and outdated product.

Bernhard

Newly Enlightened

They might visit here, and have no idea what we talking about, because their main occupation is lawyer or devil advocate, and not engineer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast

I know that I told one company to check out this place when I registered my rechargeable light (the one with teh dark center they claim is preferred by cops because it's less offensive to the eye of the person being lit up-when on flood anyway). The response I got was that they know they are behind the times becasue the wheels move slowly there, but they have some product in development that will revolutionize the light industry.
Probably just a simple AA LED light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

yes, that company is already here, though i wish they weren't.

i would be very surprised to learn of any major flashlight company (even the little ones), that isn't at least lurking on cpf.