RMSK, Inc.        
Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 242454647484950515253 LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 1586

Thread: The SureFire 6PX/G2X Tactical and 6PX/G2X Pro Thread

Default Re: The SureFire 6PX/G2X Tactical and 6PX/G2X Pro Thread

Carrot, where was the counterfeit purchased?

Quote Originally Posted by Slumber Pass View Post
    Carrot, where was the counterfeit purchased?
    A third party seller on Amazon. I assumed that there were no counterfeits in existence and thus safe to order from *anywhere*. Now I learned my lesson, I'll be ordering in the future from the likes of BrightGuy or B&H instead.
    [gearcarrot.com] Collector and distributor of (mis)information.
    The Guide to High-End Lights | Flashlight Story Collection updated Sept 28
    CPF Specials | 4sevens | LED Testing | EDCF | #cpf

Thanks for the heads up. This is the first I’ve seen of a fake G2X.

Fakes started showing up last summer at both eBay and Amazon. It was all over the SureFireholics Facebook page. A few got duped by $200+ lights NIP for $35.

The eBay were easy to spot. The listing said "ships from China" and typically there was no photo in the listing.

I stopped buying lights from Amazon in early 016 after a series of events. Fake LED Lensers, fake Streamlights and when a shipment of Coast lights was confiscated by the US Post Office Inspector General and I had to answer questions via emails, form letters and phone calls I decided "screw Amazon" after they did their "we're so sorry" routine...
    John 3:16

I know a fake Streamlight Microstream was purchased recently by someone from Amazon. I assumed counterfeits were only worth making for higher priced lights. Seems like there is market for fake affordable lights as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Slumber Pass View Post
    Same here.

But they've been faking SureFire tailcaps for years now. And with a G2x going for like $55 until last year, that wasn't chump change when those guys can get $35-40 for something that costed $1.99 (or less) to produce knowing Americans go for the "something for nothing" scheme pretty dawg gone often.

There's a thread about a new sipik clone... and that's what, like $10?

Quote Originally Posted by carrot View Post
    A third party seller on Amazon. I assumed that there were no counterfeits in existence and thus safe to order from *anywhere*. Now I learned my lesson, I'll be ordering in the future from the likes of BrightGuy or B&H instead.
    Wow! I have to ask, was it third party through and through or fulfilled by the "big river"?

I have a G2X "B" from the initial launch, 2 "B"s from after the mode bump correction and a "D" from its debut and I could see through the throat of the reflector that the emitters were all mounted on shelves the same as your pic from page 32. Tried to relay that info in the wee hours but the site was in purgatory mode. As soon as I saw the open head I knew something was up.

Quote Originally Posted by Up All Night View Post
    Wow! I have to ask, was it third party through and through or fulfilled by the "big river"?
    Kinda curious to know this, too.

My understanding is that anything specifically "fulfilled by" or "shipped by" that famous South American waterway means it comes out of the same bin at the warehouse.

In the 2nd and 3rd photos which is the fake and which one is the real deal?
    After viewing this thread I am checking out my wife's G2x.
    Last edited by Mister S; 01-19-2018 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister S View Post
    In the 2nd and 3rd photos which is the fake and which one is the real deal?
    After viewing this thread I am checking out my wife's G2x.
    The real one in that series of photos is on the right, then left. SureFire switches don’t use screw down retaining rings.

The real one in that series of photos is on the right, then left. SureFire switches don’t use screw down retaining rings.
    So is the shinier body the fake?

I remember a few years back acquiring a fake P7 by LED Lenser. It arrived in a better packaging than the real one and the faker had done a great job at disguising it on the outside but... there were little give-aways if you knew what to look for.

I did a thread on spotting fakes for folks to A) be aware of them and watch out. B) understand what to look for. C) report theirs and show the details. But it quickly faded away to page 2 oblivion. I figured it was because at that time the only fakes being discussed were LED Lenser and Coast products.

Now you have to be careful how to document the fakes. Back when P7's were the were the favorite to fake somebody did a side by side of genuine vs fake. I ordered another one from Amazon and it too was a fake... an improved one where they had corrected all of the outside and most of the inside. Most but not all. I finally found a genuine one in Australlia. Even my local Batteries Plus Bulbs was unknowingly selling fakes.

The SureFire faker is just getting started. Hopefully word will get out fast that those "ultra-cheap" SureFires are fake and the sellers won't be able to move them. Trouble was with the LED Lensers was in time the fakers started boosting the price to near retail so that made it even harder to spot.

Bottom line is this; be careful picking the seller. SureFire is very much oriented to police and military sellers. Some go through eBay and Amazon and are fine. But avoid sellers whose name is suspicious.

Not long ago I went online to see if the latest season of a tv show was available on disc yet. The answer was no... yet box sets including that season and that season were available at both eBay and Amazon. The eBay seller listing had "ships from China" so I knew right away to avoid that one. I got an LED Lenser faker banned from Amazon. A week later they were up and running again under a different name.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 01-20-2018 at 08:11 AM.

The worst part is this clone was not “ultra cheap”, but simply sold $5 cheaper than the real deal. You would never have known it wasn’t the real thing unless you had plenty of experience with SureFire and even then you may not know it for certain.

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post

I got an LED Lenser faker banned from Amazon. A week later they were up and running again under a different name.
    The worst part is this clone was not “ultra cheap”, but simply sold $5 cheaper than the real deal. You would never have known it wasn’t the real thing unless you had plenty of experience with SureFire and even then you may not know it for certain.
    I am appalled not only by the deceit, but by the apparent ease with which these miscreants transact their nefarious business. I'm not familiar enough with Surefire's product line to spot a fake, so I may well have been duped. Very interested to know what happens when you return the fake for a refund.
    “May it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.”
    J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

That's a dawg-gone shame. Contacting Amazon may get them squashed for a while. Trouble is sometimes an otherwise well meaning seller gets duped too.

I start out by contacting the seller, letting them know what they sold me was a knock off. If they respond "well that's not possible, we only sell genuine items" I respond how I knew it was a fake. Sometimes they'll offer a refund. Other times they argue. If they argue I contact Amazon. If they offer a refund I respond "pull the listing and we're even Steven, otherwise I'll be contacting the manufacturer." I give them the benefit of the doubt at first.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 01-20-2018 at 02:38 PM.

A&Q Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    Fakes started showing up last summer at both eBay and Amazon. It was all over the SureFireholics Facebook page. A few got duped by $200+ lights NIP for $35.

The eBay were easy to spot. The listing said "ships from China" and typically there was no photo in the listing.

I stopped buying lights from Amazon in early 016 after a series of events. Fake LED Lensers, fake Streamlights and when a shipment of Coast lights was confiscated by the US Post Office Inspector General and I had to answer questions via emails, form letters and phone calls I decided "screw Amazon" after they did their "we're so sorry" routine...
    Lots of fake G2s etc etc on eBay as well but this is the first fake G2X I have seen.
    The TK20. Yes it still rocks.

It is disappointing that this is something people have to worry about. This has made me very careful with whom i will order from. I order all my Surefires direct from Surefire to avoid any possibility of fakes. I am very hesitant to order anything from 3rd parties. Plus ground shipping from Surefire only takes a day or two to get to my house.

I did purchase the new G2X Pro and G2X tactical and really like the extra output compared to the 320 lumen version. It is interesting but the LED appears to be similar in size to the one on the G2X LE. I also ordered the 6PX Tactical and G2X MV, both of which are on back order, but I was told they should be available on Jan 26.

A&Q Moderator

Here are some pics of the 6PX Pro gotten during Black Friday just for point of reference if those are counterfeited as well.

If anyone wants to know if these are waterproof there is a world under the ice test done which is a first for me.

Test done at 14:45 also video of the beam etc etc shown before that.

Last edited by Woods Walker; 01-20-2018 at 05:03 PM.

Nice do rag, Woodsy. Fun to watch your review, as usual.
    “May it be a light to you in dark places, when all other lights go out.”
    J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Flashaholic

Got to share that G2X pro 320 lumen is selling for $32.99 right now on ebay. Very tempting. even though 600lumen G2x is out, I prefer 320lumen version for the beam, balance of spot and flood, and long run time.

A&Q Moderator

I wonder if they changed anything in terms of the LED for the 600 lumen model. The run time on high is listed longer for the 320 but don't have both to compare.

I have a G2X pro on the way from the big river, I hope it’s not a fake.

Thanks for the pix WW. It's a drag that bootlegs are out there, but not surprising. The only surprise to me was it took them this long to show up.

There are ways to ensure a seller has the real deal. It's usually in the customer feedback. You won't see "seller pushes fakes" or that sort of verbage. What you will see is comments that indicate the seller is dependable. If the listing uses stock photos (or no photos) and says it ships from China those are clues to watch for. If the seller has no feedback at all that is another potential clue.
    So when you see really really cheap prices look carefully before hitting the pay now button.

It's actually harder to spot a fake at Amazon because of their lack of details. What I mean is that often times sellers their use generic words taken from the brands web site regarding descriptions, and stock photos are the norm. I've gotten way more fakes from Amazon than eBay. But not in the last couple of years because I've figured out a couple of legit sellers have stores there.

Flashaholic*

As stated before, but you cannot repeat this enough, they need to make "G3X". Much like 9P, using 3 cells. It would extend runtime or lumens - prefer longer runtime and the ability to stick 2xAA Lithiums in that configuration, plus easier to hold. Maybe even using 2x17500 cells.
    It is a win-win-win situation.
    ****** Malkoff Devices ****** “Learn to light a candle in the darkest moments of someone’s life. Be the light that helps others see; it is what gives life its deepest significance.” ― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMM View Post
    Not 3x123 but two AA just a while ago, got curious because of your posts.

I have a G2XLE though,not the 320 lumen.

Two Eneloop will not light it up.
    Two somewhat used Alkalines, voltage 1.53V each, will reliably light up high mode definitely above 40 lumens, low mode seems unchanged at 15 lumens(compared to 2x CR123 or 1x 16650).

I have a dozen L91 somewhere but too lazy to find em.
    I don'y have a extender, I just held the cells in the light and used 18awg silvercoat wire to connect the negative end of the rearmost cell to the end of the light body/stainless sleeve.

The brightness on two alkaline was a bit of a surprise.

Now I want an extender too! Not for 3 CR123 but for two AA.
    What's the model number of the cell extender to make it a 3x123 model?

Or is there an aftermarket extension that works best? FiveMega maybe?
    ****** Malkoff Devices ****** “Learn to light a candle in the darkest moments of someone’s life. Be the light that helps others see; it is what gives life its deepest significance.” ― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Flashaholic

A19 extension?

Flashaholic*

has anyone assembled such a lego?

G2x + A19

A&Q Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by etc View Post
    has anyone assembled such a lego?

G2x + A19
    Doesn't work with the G2 or G2Z. Tried a Solar Force one but read it was the same with A19.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Woods Walker View Post
    Doesn't work with the G2 or G2Z. Tried a Solar Force one but read it was the same with A19.
    Does not work in what sense?

Probably as far as conducting electricity...maybe no metal/metal contact?

Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 242454647484950515253 LastLast