The SureFire 6PX/G2X Tactical and 6PX/G2X Pro Thread

mrwhite1

Newly Enlightened
Just got an email from LAPG about these new lights.... hard to believe msrp is $55 / $65 / $69 and $79 for them. They seem to have a really good lumen rating as well.

do42fc.jpg

2s0kbyf.jpg

Found a few more pictures
6iwnb6.jpg

2m81kzo.jpg

2hqcupg.jpg

dyp36f.jpg

4via0j.jpg

http://hardcoreoutdoor.com/2010/08/2...t.aspx?ref=rss

Last edited:

DuckhunterInTN

Newly Enlightened
Re: 6PX Tactical / 6PX Pro / G2X / G2X Pro

I just got the email too. I like the looks of several of them...

mrwhite1

Newly Enlightened

Hard to believe they will outperform the LX2 and E2DL (match lumen - longer run time) at 1/3 the price. If that's MSRP, I expect the price to be slightly less once they are released. For that price I'll probably have to buy several to keep in strategic locations - EDC / Go Bag , vehicles, and bedrooms.

Last edited:

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast

Not bad, especially at those prices. I really like the switch and body design, not so sure about the anti-roll bezel though. But at $69/$79 for the 6P I wouldn´t care. Unfortunatelly these will end up for at least 99 Euro (~$126) over here in germany.

Eric

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast

I want one now.. but I guess they aren't for sale yet :(

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast

These look nice! My family won;t buy me the more expensive SF's...now I have somethnig to ask for for Christmas...next year of course...

Finally, some "loaner" SF's!!!

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm...these give a close up of the bezel...if they're anything like my KX4 (I took the bezel ring off yesterday), the lens is glued to the rim of the reflector, and about all we'd be able to do with these is install diffuser's from the G2/G3D's. Looks like SF's slowly taking away the "aftermarket"-ability of their lights, especially with these models, which sucks for us, but is an honest, and smart move by them.

As long as they don't do this with their incan models though, I think we're safe... :confused:

red02

Enlightened
200lm for 2.5hrs on the Nitrolon single mode model and 200lm for 1.5 on the Nitrolon multi-stage model. Wait... what?

Pöbel

Enlightened
thats probably a typo.

I still wonder why the dual level 6PX is only 79, whereas the lx2 more than 100bucks extra.

rx78gp02

Newly Enlightened
the grooves on the 6px really reminds me of the simliar grooves on the M6.

might have to get one to give away ;)

Size15's

Flashaholic
thats probably a typo.

I still wonder why the dual level 6PX is only 79, whereas the lx2 more than 100bucks extra.
IMHO, completely different kettles of chips - not least because the LX2 has the two-stage push button pressure switch UI rather than the dual output clickie UI.

bole64

Newly Enlightened
Think this light will still fit in the Z70 holster? Also, why do you think it is not on the surefire website yet?

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm wondering why they are so cheap. A terrible thought has crossed my mind that Surefire may be producing lights in China, etc.... I have no idea if that is the reason mind you, but I certainly hope not.

CPFBiology

Enlightened
I'm wondering why they are so cheap. A terrible thought has crossed my mind that Surefire may be producing lights in China, etc.... I have no idea if that is the reason mind you, but I certainly hope not.

Although it might be possible that they were outsourcing labour to China, another thought crossed my mind. Some moderator wrote in another post regarding a cheaper light means that they are cutting costs somewhere else. It might be possible that it is through labour, but it might also be in the processing, the quality of materials, build quality, etc...