No "Big Gun" flood-to-zoom ?!?!?

Chicago X

Enlightened
We live in a wonderful age, fellow CPF'ers.....LED lumen rates and efficiency are only getting better, battery tech is slowly but surely advancing as well, and there are literally hundreds of options for LED fanatics on the market.

Looking through a few hundred of them since joining CPF :whistle:, I couldn't find what I consider my "ideal" rural dog-walking light......a "big gun" (500L+) flood-to-zoom LED light !

I just purchased a Fenix TK40 after exhaustively reading the many reviews and comments on this light on CPF - and I'm not disappointed in the least. This is a monster of a handheld light, and the fact that I can run it on (a dedicated set of Eneloop) rechargeable AAs, is both amazing and convenient.

After using it "in the field," I think a flood-to-zoom of similar output would fit my need even better............BUT IT DOESN'T EXIST !!!

If anyone know of such a light, could they please point me in the right direction?

If, as I suspect, such a light doesn't exist, can anyone suggest a suitable host (RC-C6, X2000, etc.) that could be modded to 600-800-1000 lumens?

Thanks again for the very informative forum. It truly is a great resource.

Wayne

Chicago X

Enlightened
There is one I know of, the LED lenser X21. http://www.zweibrueder.com/ENG/produkte/html_highperformance/html_Xserie/x21.php?id=x21
1000lm, flood to throw lens, however it is unregulated, and only runs from alkaline D cells. So it has a less than great reputation here. Otherwise, I do not know of any others, and would be just as interested as you are! Hope your search ends well :)

Thanks very much for the link and reply.

Primary-only is a dealbreaker for me, as I'm sure it is for many here.

ASheep

Enlightened
No problemo Chicago X,

Most of LED Lenser's range would be near-perfect if they were regulated and were able to use rechargeables. Especially in such a huge, high cost, high-drain light.

Hope someone else comes up with what you're looking for.

utlgoa

Enlightened
I love the Led Lenser HP Series of lights. If you want a Spot to Flood feature on your light, then they are the way to go. Led Lenser has recentley began sell their M-Series lights which are now regulated.

Watch this video comparing the X21 to other lights, it's very entertaining.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZG9KBtmRtI

Also, with Led Lenser HP you don't need 500 lumens due to the aspheric type lens.

I own several including the X21, P7, P14, and the P17.

I recommend that you start with the P17.

joe1512

Enlightened
I wish there was a reasonable budget option (< 150 bucks) for a larger flood to throw. That would be my dream light.

That pioneer video sucks! They didnt show any of its flood to throw whatsoever.

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pretty sure lambdalights vara series is adjustable. 1000 and 2000 lumens.

Chicago X

Enlightened
Pretty sure lambdalights vara series is adjustable. 1000 and 2000 lumens.

Thanks ! I'll check those out. :thumbsup:

Does anyone have any more info or a review of this: Bluestone Lighting LED 6D Battery Pro Light 887R96D from Sears?

It claims 1000 lumens, and a flood-to-zoom feature...........