New Infilux IFD2

Ray_of_Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have seen on sale the new NiteCore Infilux IFD2, which is the double AA version of the CR123-based IFE1.

I have a question for who had already seen the new IFD2: Do the brightness ring behave like the IFE1, where the low level intensity is unselectable, or Nitecore fixed it on their newly released light?
I have seen the specs of the new light to be slightly different (285 lumens vs. 260 of the IFE1) so they made at least one change to it. From the picture, the tailcap boot seems not to be bulging anymore, so probably it will tailstand, too.

Thanks

Anthony

Ray_of_Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, I am bumping myself...

Has any CPFer bought this flashlight in the meantime?

I am principally interested to know if Nitecore has fixed the controlling ring action.
After having been the guinea pig for the IFE1, I am determined to wait before acquiring the IFD2.

May be one of the dealers who stocks the Nitecore IFD2 chime in to provide the info?

Regards

Anthony

HKJ

Flashaholic
I have the Nitecore Infilux IFD2 in stock

Compared to the IFE1, the ring control on the IFD2 is even less fine tuned. The low level intensity is hard to select, possibly even harder compared to the IFE1. Yes, and the IFD2 is able to tail stand and is brighter than the IFE1.

The part about being brighter might be because they have changed the pwm to 100% on max. (on IFE1 max. is only 62%).

Latest posts