anyone got the wolfeyes superstorm II (1950 lumens, ~500grams)

thejaws

Newly Enlightened
If you look at wolf eyes homepage, the Super storm with 7 x Cree Premium (R5 Turbo HO) 7090 XR-E LED with High intensity beam, have up to 1950Lumens..

Is this the Superstorm II?

qazx

Newly Enlightened
hmmm...its unclear but i guess it must be although they dont say it.

im surprised theres not more buzz about the wolf eyes stuff as theres a big size and weight advantage over other ~2000 lumen lights (ie. 1.5kg for the sr90). only downside is the wolfeyes batts which arent too readily available.

im guessing theyre so low profile around here as it looks like they dont give the lights away for people to review.

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
only downside is the wolfeyes batts which arent too readily available.

They are 168A sized batts, also known as 18650s ;)

I would guess the "R5" in the name of the light, means XPG R5

don.gwapo

Enlightened
The first link is the upgraded version of superstorm. It now has an R5 while the older version is R2. The R5 has a different tailcap and head.

thejaws

Newly Enlightened
But why haven't they show the new Superstorm II on their Website?

Scott Packard

Newly Enlightened
Looks to me that it's on their website:
http://www.wolf-eyes.com/product/Super Storm detail.html

- 7 x Cree Premium (Q5) 7090 XR-E LED with High intensity beam (up to 1300Lumens)
- 7 x Cree Premium (R2) 7090 XR-E LED with High intensity beam (up to 1450Lumens)
- 7 x Cree Premium (R2 Turbo HO) 7090 XR-E LED with High intensity beam (up to 1600Lumens)
- 7 x Cree Premium (R5 Turbo HO) 7090 XR-E LED with High intensity beam (up to 1950Lumens)

JD7

Newly Enlightened
Looks really interesting.

I've no experience with Wolf Eyes stuff. Is the Super Storm 2 primarily a thrower or a flooder? I can't find any details on it. It appears to obviously be an upgrade from the Super Storm 1, was that mainly throw or flood?

Cheers guys :twothumbs

moviles

Enlightened
nice to see new flashlights with 7x xp-g R5.

good lumens/size ratio

qazx

Newly Enlightened
Looks really interesting.

I've no experience with Wolf Eyes stuff. Is the Super Storm 2 primarily a thrower or a flooder? I can't find any details on it. It appears to obviously be an upgrade from the Super Storm 1, was that mainly throw or flood?

Cheers guys :twothumbs

its mainly flood but must have some ok amount of throw with that lumen rating. even the mid mode of 30% shold be pretty bright with decent runtime, im guessing about 10 hours at ~600 lumens.

the 1300 lumen version looked impressive on the russian test:

http://www.fonarevka.ru/

wolfeyes is supposed to be well made but the chinglish on their website is a bit interesting:

"Perfect technique with superior materials"

Last edited:

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tested the XR-E R2 version with 7 Cool LED's.

It was 1200ish OTF and dropped from there, but stayed pretty much right around there:thumbsup: