• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FETtie 12A tail switch for solarforce, tester needed.

VanIsleDSM

Enlightened
This is not the full sales thread.

Looking for someone with a solarforce L2P that wants to test my switch for fitment in their light. I'm nearly certain that the tailcap and light is exactly the same dimensionally as the uniquefire clone I was using to test, but I want to make sure before I start letting them go.

$33

Shipping is $8.50 to USA, $11.50 internationally

Surefure model shown, L2P model includes spacers to fit.

FETtie01.jpg

For my drop-ins I had to develope a switch that could handle the current, and this is the result. Also useful for those who like to direct drive. You can expect increased output in direct drive lights, and increased runtime in regulated lights. This will be more noticeable with higher current applications.

12A continuous @ 0.0043 R
12V MAX
18 gauge beryllium copper spring, plated in pure silver for conductivity.
24K gold plated contacts
Panasonic 3V 1216 Lithium coin cell included

These are all hand made, hand dipped gold plating, home etched PCB boards. There's a lot of time and craftmanship into each one. If they catch on, I'll start having the PCBs made, and see what else I can automate to try and keep them available.

There is a coin cell battery included. It is required for the operation of the switch. It is easily replaceable, as is the clicking mechanism itself, should it ever fail (though is carries only nanoamps, unlike a regular switch, so there is virtually zero arcing to wear out the contacts)

The coin cell, because only nanoamps are drawn, will also last for nearly it's shelf life, which is around 10 years. If you have any doubts about the health of the coin cell, you can easily check it's voltage with a multimeter without taking any of the switch apart.

Last edited:

pnwoutdoors

Enlightened
While I don't have any of the L2P's, I do have a number of SolarForce L2's, with several of the L2-S1 reverse clicky tails and the L2-S7 twisty tails. If this would suit your testing requirements, let me know what you would want me to send you for the FETtie fitment.

Last edited:

dtb1

Newly Enlightened
I have a couple of L2Ps.I would be glad to test FETtie fitment for you.

tstartrekdude

Newly Enlightened
I see that this is an old post, but frankly I would buy a l2p just to get my hands on a FETtie...I want one so bad :'(

pnwoutdoors

Enlightened
... but frankly I would buy a l2p just to get my hands on a FETtie...I want one so bad :'(

Yes. A few of the "lesser" 12A variants would work nicely, particularly if they'd be anywhere near $33ea. VanIsleDSM ...?

Last edited:

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Off-topic request: Please consider making one to fit a Maelstrom S12. Thanks.

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
This thread is like 8 months old. I'm sure he's found plenty of volunteers by now. Wish I saw this post back then...