Suggest a project for LS 1 or 5 watt?

xrayzebra

Newly Enlightened
Just received the 1 and 5 watt Luxeons I bought with no clue as to what I would do with them. Any suggestions on mods or scratch built projects a reasonably skillful beginner should look into?

I have a few lights I'd consider modding - SL Stinger XT (though I'd hate to screw it up,) a Mag 3c (good candidate?,) a Black and Decker VersCrap rechargeable (nicad 3.5 VDC?,) some odd minimags and clones including an interesting Nordic minimag type light that has a detachable head and a 24 inch flexi that can be inserted between head and battery compartment to convert it to a "snake light."

I'd also consider creating some sort of wall-wart lamp or novel scratch built task light. I'm just looking for projects to consider - all suggestions taken seriously.

Thanks!

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brinkmann LX with 30mm optics.

Im having my Brinkmann LX modded with a 1 watt Cyan and trimmed 30mm optics as we speak.(that is if "he's" working on it) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chief_Wiggum

Enlightened
If you need ideas, try the Homemade forum right here on CPF. Endless fantastic ideas /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

xrayzebra

Newly Enlightened
I should have posted this there, I guess! Duh. Maybe the mod will move it, or I might repost there later.

whiskypapa3

Enlightened
Try this

Two P2Ks driven by a 9V 600ma wallwart and a resistor in the dummy battery plug to set the current to 450ma. Use it every day (these old watchmaker's eyes ain't what they used to be). May mod it to Three Q2ks this Fall..

xrayzebra

Newly Enlightened
WP3 - thanks... I really like those pix of the little heat sink critter with its two LED eyes. I think you should make more of those guys and put them together into a wild chandelier!

Latest posts