Yet another worm...

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cyber attacks the new terrorism? A little computer shutdown here, a little network down there...
Individually not all that much of a problem--colectively could cause a loss of "some" revinue.

Just a thought

-Jason

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
Well, my normal desktop CPU here at work has been "removed" from the network. I guess when the same virus puts itself onto a computer over 5 times in one day (it was removed every time too), there is more to it than meets the eye... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, a real rash of worms lately. And now Symantec stock is up strongly in anticipation of improved sales. Call me paranoid, but I ask myself who are the beneficiaries of these attacks?

Paul

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
NO doubt... I wouldn't be too surprised to find out that a decent percentage of the viruses out there were written by the anti-virus people just to create a larger market for their software...

JOshooter

Enlightened
Even though I try to check my email and CPF once per day, if I don't get to it, then I can catch up the following day. In other words, I agree with your quote mvario

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
My dad works for the Santa Barbara County and is always telling me how they have great firewall, and superb anti-virus software that is always up to date. The county also has people who's job is to protect the computers from this sort of thing.

Well a few days ago the network was down. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif