Ordered a new Eagletac

nickdolin

Newly Enlightened
Seeing that I have a small edc and a larger thrower (mini123 and M1X respectively) I wanted a mid size light that I could put in a pocket comfortably. After liking the R5 beam in my Mini123 I read that the P20C2 MKII was one of the brightest R5 lights with nearly 390 lumens at the LED and 300-305 OTF I was impressed as that's a good 100+ brighter than my Mini with more throw and more spill. My question is, how can I calculate the amps the LED's are running at. From what I read the R5 will run at 139 Lm @ 350 mA. If I'm figuring this correctly, that comes out to something like .39 lm per mA. If that's the case then the Eagletac is running the R5 at 1A while my Mini is likely running somewhere around 600mA if I'm guessing the LED lumens correctly (about 25% more than OTF?). While Eagletac says that they are running the R5 at it's "fullest" capacity, doesn't the Cree specs say that it can take 1.5A? While that'd equal some pretty short runtimes and heat to deal with but man, that'd also equal near 430-440 OTF lumens. (assuming all of my math is correct).

Long story short, am I figuring these things correctly? And, there doesn't seem to be much on here about the MKII, for those of you who own it, what are your impressions of it? What little of it that is on here, it seems positive and the great beam (OP) with decent throw looks great. I'm wondering if the floody beam is a reason why more people aren't buying. But FYI there is a gentleman selling them on the 'bay at 68 or Best offer, and I sent in an offer of 60 and he accepted which I felt was a good deal.

Last edited:

iqwozpoom

Newly Enlightened
Actually I think if you dig a little you will find quite a bit on the ET mkii models. I don't know about current draw but I'm under the impression Eagle Tac pushes the emitters a fair amount. Pesonally, one of the reasons I got my mkii's is the bright spill. I don't think floody is how I'd characterize the beam, more like medium spot with a smooth bright transition to spill. The mkii series has a lot of user accessible parts, so if you have issues with flashing or failure to turn on try tightening the pill and switch assembly. Great choice, I think you'll be happy. :grin2:

nickdolin

Newly Enlightened
Well yeah, floody may not be fair but in general the newest LED's are floodier than the R2's/Q5's and such. My mini is pretty floody but with a bigger reflector/deeper reflector I'm sure it'll be a bit throwier than my Mini123.