Lost my EDC!

Yukon_MkI

Newly Enlightened
I somehow managed to lose my EDC. She has been gone over a month now and it is time to face reality and admit she is gone. It was a Fenix P2D with the Q5 emitter. I would have just bought another as I have a couple spare bodies, but no luck. I am looking for a similar form factor as well as similar efficiency and lumens for $100 or less. Any advice would be appreciated!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I have the newest version of the Fenix PD20.

Excellent light. I would buy one again if I lost it. Only thing I don't like is the belt pouch now comes with a flap. I just use an open-top holster for the P1D when I carry my PD20. (It's the same holster as the one for the P2D.)

Imon

Enlightened
I have a Fenix PD30 and a 4sevens Quark 123^2 and I like the Quark more.

Mainly because of the moonlight mode but for other bonuses as well like the sapphire glass coating on the outside of the lens to make it more scratch resistant. Plus they're around the same price. I think the Quark 123 would make a great EDC.

ASheep

Enlightened
Sorry to hear about that Yukon_MkI, losing an EDC is always painful.
I can recommend the 4Sevens Quark, in either AA^2 or 123 format (I have both). The standard model has a similar UI to the Fenix, and the Quark tactical has a programmable 2 mode interface. They also come in Warm or Neutral white if that is your preference.
They are very well respected lights, and include free shipping worldwide.

Yukon_MkI

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info guys. I went to buy a new P2D and just couldn't do it. I still hold some hope that one of the cats batted it into some odd corner of the house I have yet to check. I did, however, need a new pocket light ASAP so I ended up buying a Ti Quark mini. Always wanted a Ti light....

stormcloud

Newly Enlightened
I know how you feel. I lost my Fenix LD01 twice, my kids keep snaging it off my dresser. Had to replace it and went with a 4Sevens Quark Mini 123 it is a great light. Still miss my fenix though the pocket clip was indispensable :(.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ended up buying a Ti Quark mini. Always wanted a Ti light....
WTG!! you will not be disappointed, enjoy!! I bought one to replace my perfectly fine Fenix P1 D CE on my keys. Once it arrived I felt the need to put it in a P1D holsrter. Now I EDC BOTH the P1D CE on keys and the MINI CR 123 on my belt riging snuggly along side cell phone .

Last edited:

motorwerks

Newly Enlightened
it may show back up...... One of my knifes turned up today after being gone for like 6 months

Yukon_MkI

Newly Enlightened
Well I'll be. Found that SOB jammed behind the fireplace! I guess I can put the mini in the stack of other pocket lights and move on.