Warning - Legend LX Price Increase?

bucken

Enlightened
Was in a sporting goods store today that normally sells the Legend LX for $19.95. Noticed that the price had recently been raised to $24.95.
frown.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Actually that would be very good for me. I have a bunch still new in pkg. that I paid $23+ for here in Hawaii, some which I found locally and some that kind friends found for me on the mainland and then of course after adding the shipping to get them here...

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
The store manager at the sporting goods store was probably sharp enough to notice how well the LX was selling and increased the price to make a better profit. Nothing wrong with that. Good old supply and demand economics.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by darkgear.com:
No price change here. Wal-Mart still has em here for $19.97
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Likewise for Sports Authority as of yesterday.

Gandalf

Enlightened
I was in Galyan's last weekend, and noticed the 25% price increase from $19.99 to $24.99.
icon13.gif

The only Walmart near me (and several farther away....) had not been carrying the Legend LX until quite recently, but I made a point of checking the price, and it is the same as Galyan's *used* to sell them for: $19.99.
icon14.gif

I make the assumption that Brinkmann hasn't increasd the price at the wholesale level, but the level of greed at Galyan's has increased by $25%.
mad.gif

Pretty stupid of Galyan's to wait until the Walmart less than a mile away stocks them at $19.99, to get greedy....
twak.gif

ReconTech

Newly Enlightened
Galyans has done that here too, but I do like their selection, they have a lot of Princeton Tec lights, a lot of head lights, and the CMG Reactor and Infinity. Impressive selection, and of course my two favorites: Streamlight scorpion and ultrastinger (US is $99 at galyans, with latest reflector)

Gandalf

Enlightened
Originally posted by ReconTech:
Galyans has done that here too, but I do like their selection, they have a lot of Princeton Tec lights, a lot of head lights, and the CMG Reactor and Infinity. Impressive selection, and of course my two favorites: Streamlight scorpion and ultrastinger (US is $99 at galyans, with latest reflector)
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Have to agree with you on Galyan's inventory of lights; they have many of the latest models of many manufacturers in stock. Their high overhead, unfortunately, does tend to make lights there more expensive than ordering off the net or buying on eBay. But if you really want it now, Galyan's has by far the best selection of lights of any brick and mortar I've ever seen.
icon14.gif

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Charles,

Meijer in Michigan carries Brinkmann lights, including the Legend LX for $19.99. So I recommend a trip to your local store.

Pat