JETBeam BK135A Overview - Lots of Pictures

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I have had this light for a week and I really like it quite a bit. The UI is the same IBS UI that the JET-l Pro has. That being three user definable levels anywhere from 2 lumen up to 135 lumen.....with the option to set any of the levels as strobe, beacon, or sos. It takes an AA battery. I am using a NiMH in mine, but I tried a 14500 and it handled it well with quite a bit higher output. It does get pretty warm with the 14500 with extended use on high, but takes awhile to get uncomfortably hot. I also like the form factor quite a bit. It is much slimmer and quite a bit shorter than the JET-1 PRO, so it sits in the bottom of a pocket quite comfortably. It has a really nice camouflage HA3 finish with just the right amount of knurling covering the surface for a good grip. It has a reverse clicky that allows the changing of the levels by half presses while the light is on. The emitter is an XPG R4 which gives it a nice broad hot spot with great spill which makes this a nice EDC light. I would recommend this light to those that like to carry a light in the pocket. It is easy to use, and just feels really nice in the hand. Did I mention that I really like this light?

Below are the manufacturers specs, and a whole bunch of pictures I took for your viewing pleasure. I will get some comparison beam shots up soon. In the mean time enjoy, and be sure to let me know if you have any questions. :)

Manufacturers Specs:

Features:

• LED: Cree XP-G R4 bin
  • Max output: 135 lumens
  • Reflector: Aluminum OP reflector
  • Lens: Coated mineral glass
  • Finish: HA III Military grade hard anodized
  • Battery Type: one AA battery
  • Waterproof: Meets IPX8 waterproof standards
Specifications:

• Features JETBeam's I.B.S. user programmable circuit and allows the three user-defined modes to be customized to any brightness level.
  • Stainless steel rings to protect circuit and thread
  • Reverse polarity protection function
  • Tail stand feature
  • Size: diameter 17mm, length 90mm
  • Weight: 27g (not including battery)
Runtime and Output:
One AA battery
Max output: 135 lumens, 65 mins
Min output: 2 lumens, 50 hours

Lots of pictures.....Enjoy!

BK135APackage-1.jpg

BK135A1.jpg

BK135A2.jpg

BK135AClicky.jpg

BK135Awbattery2.jpg

BK135wbattery1.jpg

BK135A and JET-l PRO
BK135AandJETlPRO.jpg

BK135AHand.jpg

Beam Profile High
BK135aBeamProfileHigh.jpg

Beam Profile Low
BK135ABeamProfile2.jpg

High
BK135AHigh.jpg

Low
BK135ALow.jpg

Last edited:

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Overview of my new JETBeam BK135a

AA shootout beam comparison shots. Shot at 20 feet with all lights on max output. I will get some outdoor shots soon, but for now these will have to do. Enjoy!

JETBeam BK135A XPG R4
Jbbk135axpgr4.jpg

JETBeam E3S XPG R4
Jbe3sxpgr4.jpg

Quark Mini AA XPG R5
QuarkMiniAAXPGR5.jpg

NiteCore EZAA XPG R5
NewNCEZAAXPGR5.jpg

NiteCore D10 SP R2
Ncd10spr2.jpg

JETBeam JET-l PRO V3 R2
JBJET-lPROV3R2.jpg

JETBeam RRT-0 R2
Jbrrt-0r2.jpg

Cheap $1.50 Ebay AA
CheapEbaylight.jpg

Last edited:

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love my Jet I Pro except for one thing... it's too throw oriented to be an EDC for me, dang it. So this light looks very appealing from a beam standpoint. I like that it's smaller as well, though seems a bit long... guess it needs that length due to the clicky switch. Same length as a D10, but .4 oz. lighter. Looks ever so slightly thinner than a D10 as well. The D10 R2 is my "standard bearer" for a AA pocket light.

The finish looks very cool as well... all but a few of my lights are black and the rest are a neutral metal color. A light with some pazzazz would be a nice addition! Thanks for the review.

yuk

Newly Enlightened
Nice review / presentation!
One question: is the D10 pocket clip compatible with this light?

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
single AA lights rule.

ya cant be anywhere in this modern world and not find an AA cell for some great lumens :twothumbs

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love my Jet I Pro except for one thing... it's too throw oriented to be an EDC for me, dang it. So this light looks very appealing from a beam standpoint. I like that it's smaller as well, though seems a bit long... guess it needs that length due to the clicky switch. Same length as a D10, but .4 oz. lighter. Looks ever so slightly thinner than a D10 as well. The D10 R2 is my "standard bearer" for a AA pocket light.

The finish looks very cool as well... all but a few of my lights are black and the rest are a neutral metal color. A light with some pazzazz would be a nice addition! Thanks for the review.

I love my JET-l also, and it often finds itself coming out with me....just not as a daily carry. On the other hand my D10 is a daily constant and it will now just have to share that space with the BK135A. I know it is really too early to tell yet whether or not it will continue to do so, but I have a feeling I will give it a good go either way. The D10 has earned it's place and will be in my pocket for some time to come for sure. The BK135A is quite a bit slimmer than the D10 btw.

Gotta find a place for my new EZAA also. Another light I'm lovin' :ohgeez:

JBBK123AandNCD10.jpg

Last edited:

AAROSOL

Newly Enlightened
Any chance you can put up a side by side picture of your new light next to your EZAA? Thanks!

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
BondR006... thanks for the comparo picture... yes the D10 is a formidible light for any newcomer to stand up to. I have two D10 R2's now that do set the standard, for me, in AA lights. The new BK135A has a lot of appeal. It's just so COOL looking, for one. And the slimmer form factor is a plus. Somehow, I feel that a BK135A must find it's way to my house. ;)

Kilovolt... thanks for the comparison photo.

Last edited:

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
BondR006... thanks for the comparo picture...

You are welcome sir! Here is a more complete one. I posted beam comparison shots of all these in post #2. Enjoy!

Left to Right: $1.50 Ebay AA, JB RRT-0 R2, JB JET-1 PRO V3 R2, NC D10 SP R2, NC EZAA XPG R5, JB BK135A XPG R5, QMini AA XPG R5, JB E3S XPG R4

AAGroup.jpg

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are welcome sir! Here is a more complete one. I posted beam comparison shots of all these in post #2. Enjoy!

Left to Right: $1.50 Ebay AA, JB RRT-0 R2, JB JET-1 PRO V3 R2, NC D10 SP R2, NC EZAA XPG R5, JB BK135A XPG R5, QMini AA XPG R5, JB E3S XPG R4

AAGroup.jpg

I am up for one.:thumbsup:

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the "User Manual" they have a picture with a clip on the light, the two holes on top of the light are screw-holes, but where is the clip??? :sigh:

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
..and for those that don't know, I think Flavio at Bugoutgear is having a giveaway for one of these over in the market section.

Hey Rob, time for you to come down to my side of the state, I've got a whole bunch of new lights for you to play with :)

George

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the "User Manual" they have a picture with a clip on the light, the two holes on top of the light are screw-holes, but where is the clip??? :sigh:

I confirm that the two round holes are threaded and there is no clip in the box. Optional?